What is wrong with this site software

cambrica

Visit site
I've had no problems at all! Using safari - Mac so yippee there as I'm normally the first one to get problems !

pootleperkin

Visit site
My jodhs, don't stress about using another Internet browser - it's just like any other program, you don't have to change anything, you just download firefox or google chrome, double click on it and away you go. It will ask you if you want to make it your default browser, You decide.

I've used firefox for years now as it's always been much faster and cleaner than Internet explorer.

Mike007

Visit site
Clearly some changes have been made to the software of this forum last week causing a message to state 'Script Running'. Suggest that this is corrected immediately otherwise many of us will move away and suddenly the advertisers on this site will realise that no one is viewing this site anymore and withdraw their advertising.

Quite agree. Dear HHO ,the saying is ,"if it aint broke dont fix it".Every "improvement " you have done in the last five years has been an unmitigated feckup"

WelshD

Visit site
Users on another forum have reported the same problem - again mainly using IE. So not confined to HHO

Ptolemy

Visit site
Simple solution to most internet problems...

Ditch Internet Explorer!

It is the most terrible piece of software in existence.

Best suggestion, download firefox or google chrome, and for extra peace of mind download the adblock/noscript extensions. This allows you to stop all adverts and to choose which scripts run and which don't.

I know it sounds complicated and awkward and such, but it really is incredibly simple to get rid of internet explorer. The new browser should also ask you if you want to import your bookmarks from Internet explorer, so there is no reason for you to lose your favourite sites. The only thing you will have to do is enter your password again the first time you visit sites such as this. If you have your passwords stored in internet explorer and can't remember them, you can actually go to the options in IE and view all of your stored passwords for each site.

I actually use 3 different browsers sadly enough, some sites work better in some than in others, each browser has it's own little quirks and that prevents me from sticking with just one, so I switch between them. But then I'm a bit of a geek.

BTW... you can "prettify" firefox, there are loads of themes that you can download, a ton of horsey themes too if you are so inclined!
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=horse&cat=themes

EstherYoung

Visit site
I'm on my mum's antiquated pc at the moment (so I can't change the browser as it's not mine) and this forum was horrendously slow on IE last night - constantly coming up with the 'slow script' error. Seems to be working OK this morning though.

Last edited:

Suby2

Visit site
I don't have the problem with script running, but the Horse & Hound latest news only shows new up to April.

Alyth

Visit site
I have tried Google chrome and it works well, but I can't see how to store and connect with favourites......