What is your most useful purchase?

NativePonyLover

Visit site
We've had the most useless purchases ever, so what's your most useful purchases ever?! :D

My short list would include:

Milton baby steriliser - I use it as an everyday stable disinfectant & on Pete's feet.

Lidl's waterproof trousers.

Decathlon nut ball

Somewhat controversially, my Parelli kit & DVD

What are yours? X

poiuytrewq

Visit site
A snuggy hood. Id quite literally never have time to ride in winter without it. My horse is obsessed with rolling and we are on very heavy low lying clay- nasty combination!

3OldPonies

Visit site
Here's my list:

Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil - my SI ponio has never looked better, even after this hot and itchy summer! It worked so well he didn't even need to wear his bug rug.

My Harry Hall Legend skull cap - absolutely love it, for once a riding hat that doesn't make my head look like a beach ball.

Sudocreme - once discovered I don't ever want to be without it!

Painter's respirator - I look like a martian when I'm wearing it, but I don't care I can do the hay without my glasses steaming up and breaking out the asthama inhaler and antihistamine. Also wear it for sweeping out dusty stables, it's fab, bit pricey but being able to breathe is worth it.

Electric fencing - I'd never be able to keep the shetland in without it.

Limpet pad - stops the saddle slipping round on fattie pony, only slight problem with it is that if washed it takes about a week to dry.

Charlie Bucket

Visit site
My 'Gardeners Wheelie Bin' absolutely fantastic for lugging water buckets about. Sit tub trug in, wheel to tap, wheel into stable...voila! :)

YasandCrystal

Visit site
It has to be my headtorch - hubby treated me to a really great one and my hippo sand bag I use to lug hay out to the paddocks - I couldn't be without either.

Oh and my Nomad horse washer - absolutely brilliant and my horses (mostly) seem to love it.

Last edited:

Goldenstar

Visit site
Thermatexs I don't remember how I lived without them
And my gas powered hot horse shower.
My patriot jumping saddles .

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Apart from my horses because without them I'd have nothing to hang my tack on I suppose it would be my H2GO water bag. I can carry up to 80 litres of water in it in my barrow & it saves loads of time when I need to fill the waters up in the paddocks. :)

LynH

Visit site
Plastic sledge for taking hay, water, feeds etc out to the field across muddy gateways.
Hot horse shower (also great for washing mud off the dog in winter.)

claribella

Visit site
Bareback pad. I have a bony mare so this makes my riding much more comfortable especially when she jogs out hacking.

Hoof boots. A god send in the winter when my mare is stood in mud and her feet go a bit soft.

Radius rasp. Brilliant for rounding off inbetween trims.

Greylegs

Visit site
* Avon SSS which has saved my itchy pony a lot of distress this summer
* Magic brushes - available in packs of 3. Fantastic mud removers and just about the only brush I use now. Just wash them out from time to time.
* Nomad portable washer. Brilliant for bath times, removing mud, cooling down when sweaty, tail washing ...
* Stanley tool bag instead of a plastic grooming kit box. Takes everything, washes out and totally indestructible.