What jacket to buy ?

sarah23

Visit site
I have a little lad of 9yrs and i need to buy a show jacket for him. He will probably be doing pony club and some show jumping, so what would be the best jacket to buy a black one or a hacking jacket. Sorry never been to pony club or kids shows so have no idea what they wear and don't want him to look stupid. Also is there a good colour for boys or does it not matter.

jumptoit

Visit site
I would buy a black or a navy one as he will grow out of it pretty quickly and they are much cheaper than tweed, most are also machine washable too which is always a plus imo. I think most boys wear black in my PC.

This jacket is good they last and wash well.
smile.gif

http://www.derbyhouse.co.uk/prodshow.asp?id=419&cat=169&scats=169

cossie

Visit site
For some Pony Clubs he may have to wear tweed - worth checking out with your local branch before you buy one. Tweed would work for everything if you go for something plain - check out Ebay and second hand sections in saddlers as you can get some bargain tweed jackets.

Hope this helps!

Thistle

Visit site
Tweed is more correct for PC, although these days many PC's allow sweatchirts for rallies.

Boys don't have a velvet collar usually. I always found dark sludgy colours best for practical reasons.

The other thing to look for is some of the prep schools round here have a tweed jacket as part of their uniforms so you would get away with one on those for the time being. You would probably get one from the school secondhand shop.
Personally I don't like to see kids at PC in black or navy, but generally anything goes as long as it's smart.

What size is he these are for sale on our PC website and not far from you Childs size 28 Dublin Hobart Show Jacket, black, excellent condition. £20. Also childs 28 Dublin Canberra Hacking Jacket,brown herringbone design,excellent condition. £25. Tel Katherine on 07789741628 or 01763284056.

I think that could be a SaNDON PHONE NUMBER.

jumptoit

Visit site
It's more effective underneath but easier to get off if on top. Personal choice although occasionally a PC rule for XC about having it as the top layer of clothing.