What kind of hat do you wear for dressage?

Fanatical

Visit site
I have realised that I possibly look a tad scruffy when I do dressage..! I do BE and BD in my crash hat with black silk. Last year I was thinking about getting a beagler (sp?!) but with the new rules this year for the lower levels BE, I'm glad I didn't. However, I still think I need something a bit smarter.

So, what do you all wear and do you wear different hats for BE and BD..?

Pidgeon

Visit site
I'm lazy so wear my skull cap for everything :p
However sister does some showing so bought a blue seude effect cover for her skull cap which looks smarter, may be worth a go?

gummybear

Visit site
Have a look at the Charles Owen velvet hats with flesh harnesses. They look very smart and I always wore mine for SJ & dressage (where the rules states that a harness had to be fitted for dressage, i.e. riding club events).

Fanatical

Visit site
Thanks all. Might see if I can have a look at the Charles Owen Velvet hats see how they look. Currently do everything in the HS1 just with different silks..!

MegaBeast

Visit site
Beagler for BD (bought it last year before BE rule change) and Gatehouse Hickstead black velvet with flesh coloured harness for BE dressage and SJ

saturdaygirl

Visit site
Check out the new Charles Owen Fiona hat - it's been designed for the showing market and is sooo much thinner than all the others; while being fully up to standard.

CastleMouse

Visit site
A velvet hat with a flesh coloured harness for DI - I think it looks quite smart? :)

28115_393480291986_507406986_4464338_762067_n.jpg