what kinda car tows your trailer?

mole

Visit site
what trailer do you have and what do you use to tow it? just curious!
grin.gif

palomino_pony

Visit site
Ivor 505 and 510. Towed by a big blingy defender (with all the bits) its dad's toy so ONLY he tows! Each time we go out it got something new on it!

palomino_pony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ivor 505 and 510. Towed by a big blingy defender (with all the bits) its dad's toy so ONLY he tows! Each time we go out it got something new on it!

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOhhhh forgot the good old Diahatsu Fourtrack too
blush.gif

echodomino

Visit site
Just out of curiosity as I haven't passed my towing test yet, do any of you think that a 2.0 Fiat Ulysse (large people carrier) would pull two horses?

It doesn't matter if it wont as dad's insuring me on the Nissan Navara, just thought I'd ask. My Fiat is happy just towing the caravan if that's all it's capable of
grin.gif

BeckyD

Visit site
Probably not -:

1) Its engine at 2.0l is unlikely to have enough power to tow 2 (though may be able to manage one).

2) It may not have sufficient kerbweight to offset the laden trailer (you need to find out the kerbweight of the Fiat - the fully laden trailer shouldn't weight more than 85% of the kerbweight).

3) Check the towing capacity of the Fiat per the manufacturer's specifications. You mustn't exceed that.

It is quite difficult to find vehicles heavy and powerful enough to two two horses so my gut instinct is that the Fiat won't manage it
frown.gif

At least you have another vehicle though!
smile.gif