What little things annoy you?

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Kasper's passport name is Sun Dance II, but everytime I enter a show, despite spelling it clearly with a space bewteen sun and dance the organisers ALWAYS put it as one word and he becomes Sundance.

Now it may be a small insignificance but for some reason it really winds me up! Just wish they would get it right!

So what little things wind you up?

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I have a similar thing. Sunny's name is often mispronounced or misspelled. Rather than Howen Sunset, it is later written in the results as Howeel Sunsey or pronounced as just Sunset, or something similar. Very annoying. :p

I should add that it is written clearly.

Visit site
It infuriates me when I see Gray's name spelled GrEy - he is American! He is an A not an E!!! Even when I enter online and type it they still get it wrong! It's not that hard! It's only 1 letter!!!

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
It annoys me when people pronounce my ponies name - Nico - as Nicko rather then neeco! It's completely stupid but it really sets me on edge.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
I got a name plaque done for each of my horses stables.
Odyssey and Emocion were both spelled wrong. (It was spelled as "Emotion" but her name is "Emocion"). Noone seems to be able to spell Odyssey.

Both had to be redone.

Spotsrock

Visit site
I always print my surname clearly but the L somehow becomes an N every time. I also gain a whole syllabul on my first name quite often, yeah like I was just too fookin lazy the pronounce my whole name!

npage123

Visit site
Errr, glad none of you can hear me as I'll probably annoy all of you with my strong foreign accent!

flirtygerty

Visit site
How long you got.
TB trashing new rugs within a week
Kids not cleaning grooming brushes
Kids not put grooming kit away
Kids bringing tack back muddy
kids not cleaning muddy tack
Kids
Horses spreading hay in beds
Horses pulling at haynets till the knot tightens so much it needs cut off
Having to double tie gates to stop the beggars going walkabout
Stopping now, but could go on

ArabianGem78

Visit site
Marjorie's full name (Vlacq Majid) gets mispronounced regularly - that I can cope with.

At last year's Golden Horseshoe Ride, over the tannoy she was announced as a gelding. On both the way out and the way back. But she was correctly recorded as a mare on our entry. And in her logbook....!

eatonbraynat

Visit site
When someone misplaces the yárd knife/scissors - it's a dangerous object, I like it to live in one place and always be returned to that place after use so we know where it is and I can leave the yard having seen it back in its place happily knowing it has not ended up in someone's bed!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
People calling mares or bitches Beau. Grates on me.
People deliberately getting to the yard late so someone else has to get their horse in.
People needing to ask 20 different questions and coming to ask me them-individually at different times of the day, but also emailing constantly. Grr!

only_me

Visit site
I was checking fei record of previous horse and for some reason horse was listed as suspended as natural federation was listed as UAE! Have emailed FEI about it as horse is definitely in Ireland and has been since he was born, and knowing the current owner horse and rider are most definitely irish!
I have emailed to ask about it. Small thing but weirdly irritating lol

minesadouble

Visit site
I used to have a horse called Kinsman who everybody called KinGsman - used to irritate me no end!!
People who say their horse is 'out of' stallion X - it's by a stallion and out of a mare - quite logical to me!!
Finally people who are thinking about 'breeding my mare' - someone already bred your mare - that's how she's here!!!
You can breed FROM your mare however you can't breed her - someone else already did that!!!!
Oh dear now I've started I could go on and on.........

Hannahgb

Visit site
One of my one is Ferdinant. No matter how clearly I right it on entry forms, it always ends up as Ferdinand.. The name is bad enough without ending up as Ferdinand!! haha

rowan666

Visit site
people who dont brush their horses before and after riding

nhr but people who only walk their dogs on sunny days and dont bother to pick up their unsociable dogs poop after them

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
They ALWAYS without fail add an N to my name...my name is not Georgina!!

Given that we can't work out how to pronounce Roo's passport/show name I have a feeling we are going tobe gifted with an interesting variety this summer.

pansymouse

Visit site
I'm Rachel not Rachael - really annoys me when people reply to an email which has the correct spelling in the email address and signature and use the wrong version; just sloppy, disrespectful and lacking attention to detail.

People who use "yourself" and "myself" instead of "you" and "me" in business conversations in the misguided belief it makes them sound more senior and educated (sorry, the effect is in fact the opposite).

Kind Regards; since when has "regards" been a proper noun (expand to include the random use of capitals in general)?

shannonandtay

Visit site
I have the same first name as a very famous singer but spelt differently, even if I've signed my name at the bottom of an email etc they still spell it the singers way!! Worse some family even send me cards spelt the singers way and she wasn't even around when I was born lol

katymay

Visit site
When you arrange to ride with a friend the next day but wake up to torrential rain so cancel and do other things but the exact time you were supposed to ride the sun comes out!
People not picking up after their dogs after walking along the footpath in the paddock.
Loosing half your bourbon biscuit in your cup of coffee whilst typing a reply!