What made you decide to stop riding?

eahotson

Visit site
I stopped for eight years because physical problems made the aftermath of riding too painful, making sleep and normal life impossible. I have started again with a very different type of mount. I have gone from Arab and Arab crosses to a 13.2 heavy cob who is easy on my body. He does not have the marching long striding gene but ambles along at a comfortably relaxed pace with no effort on my part and I can enjoy being on his back without worrying I am going to be in agony later. Adapting to his natural rhythm did not come easily but I have happily relaxed into it now.
I have a heavy cob now.Fabulous smooth paces.

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
I haven't ridden for the last 18 months due to the combination of having a very quirky mare and the amount of farm traffic on my local lanes. Just not worth the stress. I'd resigned myself to hanging up my boots for good last year. However recently, and missing riding terribly, I've been talked into doing a massive 3 week long ride across the UK for charity and I now just need to find and buy the right horse to do it on, it's probably going to be my last riding hurrah as I'm 67 so if anyone knows of a safe traffic proof 14.2 to 15hh up for an adventure please let me know.

eahotson

Visit site
I haven't ridden for the last 18 months due to the combination of having a very quirky mare and the amount of farm traffic on my local lanes. Just not worth the stress. I'd resigned myself to hanging up my boots for good last year. However recently, and missing riding terribly, I've been talked into doing a massive 3 week long ride across the UK for charity and I now just need to find and buy the right horse to do it on, it's probably going to be my last riding hurrah as I'm 67 so if anyone knows of a safe traffic proof 14.2 to 15hh up for an adventure please let me know.
ooh do keep us all up to date on that.

katastrophykat

Visit site
Those of you who have taken up driving instead, where and when do you drive?

Do you need a bigger than average arena? Quiet lanes? Or do you box out to get to places to drive?
Driving is a whole new world of issues, unless you live somewhere with perfect off road tracks, it’s a contstant juggling act trying to organise a groom and driving without too much road work. It’s hard, but not impossible. Local driving clubs often have training and get together, where are you in the country roughly?

eahotson

Visit site
Getting close, not quite ready which is a shame as I have a lovely young horse.I am making sure she gets a good education though so that I can be really picky about the home she goes to.