What make lorry do you drive?

catembi

Visit site
Leyland DAF, V reg. Great runner, air suspension, v reliable, not too noisy, quite quick. Ex John Lewis so very FSH.

spacefaer

Visit site
Leyland Daf 45 150
Very reliable, great motorway lorry - quite good fuel consumption too
Very quick - carries 3 horses no trouble (better than the 130s which struggle on hills)

wouldn't consider any other
smile.gif
smile.gif

Louby

Visit site
I have an Iveco Tector, its very powerful and you cant tell you have horses in the back even on steep hills. Gearbox can be a bit knotchy but once you get used to driving them its fine. Been told by one mechanic, they are proper workhorses, cheap to repair and maintain but not as good as Dafs. Another wagon mechanic, said they are all the same and each have there problems.
I did drive a MAN and it was like driving a big car ... lovely.

skewby

Visit site
Iveco Turbodaily, love it. Like the others said gearbox took a bit of getting used to, but awesome to drive and no horse has travelled badly in it yet!

ladyt25

Visit site
Iveco. Drives well although gears can be temperamental but think it's more a case of getting used to it! Still, has a good lot of power and has done very well so far.

joy

Visit site
LDV with an Ivor Williams body, before that an elderly Leyland Terrier which carried four. That was the lucky lorry, I cried when it went for scrap.

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
Marlborough Hunter on a Vauxhall Movano chassis ~ absolutely love it ! However, if you have a large horse, it only carries one !! (unless you upgrade to 3.9 t which is easy enough). Drives like a car and really easy to go out by yourself.

Quadro

Visit site
just sold an ldv was ok always got us there usually starts (unless) very damp certainly was NOT the fastest ans sometimes 1st gear up the hills with 2 horses in the back but always got us there and was an easy drive, have upgraded to a bigger merc which has come highly recommend

eggs

Visit site
DAF 45 130 turbo. Carries two large horses easily and drives really easily. Much prefer it to my previous Cargos.

Collytown

Visit site
I have a Renault Master 3.5 Marlborough sport and it is lovely to drive, driven from Guernsey to the UK 3 times now (Grantham x 1 and Peterborough x 2) and it has been ace.

My only gripe would be that I wished i knew i was going to get a bigger horse cause originally only bought it for the shetties. If I had known I would have gone for their Hunter or Cob version.

MilosDad

Visit site
7.5 tonne 04 Reg DAF LF 45/150. Easier to drive than a car! Its a new cab and chassis on my old box which I have stripped and refurbished from scratch.

Ashgrove

www.facebook.com
[ QUOTE ]
my little lorry (katie) is um, i don't know

*asks OH*

a little old renault dodge. and i LOVE her. x

what was that? you want to see a photo? oh, ok, because you insisted....

january2010020.jpg

she's old, and a wee bit shonky. but i LOVE her.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice, I have Dave Dodge, he's great
grin.gif

humblepie

Visit site
Another cargo, fantastic down the motorway and up the hills. As everyone says the gearboxes can take a bit of getting used to and I need two hands to get it into reverse but fabby for long journeys.