What mouthpiece? (bit)

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
In old videos of o.b he looks like hes going well in a fullcheek so thought it be the best thing to work him in as hes used to it only problem is im unsure on what mouth piece to use.. i have asked but i never got a reply so id wondered if anyone on here can help me choose..
Hes not overly strong can be here and there when excited but expect that, he he sentive and always chews on the bit? iv tried french link and single jointed and they both worked fine so just wondered what anyone recommded?
http://www.robinsonsequestrian.com/...s-training/sweet-iron-full-cheek-snaffle.html was thinking something simple along like this?
thanks x

Last edited:

marley and danni

Visit site
hi,

my gelding chews his bit constantly even more so with a jointed mouth peices, hes settles a little more on the peanut roller iv got in at the moment he too goes well in a full cheek!

my dentist told me to use a french link or somthing other than a straight bar or single jointed as he chews because his tonges to big!! since changing buts hos chewing has gone down quite a bit.... but hes still a baby only 6...

whats your horses tonge like?

xx

marley and danni

Visit site
have you had his teeth checked?

i had mine done 2 weeks ago and the dentist said his chewing was down to having sharp teeth and 2 hook :( poor boy and he said it might take him a whil to sr=tart working properly and not chewing and every day i ride hes getting better, so maybe get the dentist out??

some horses do have stranges habiots though mine sucks carrots, but is thankfully not a wint sucker or cribber! dentist thought it was weird but passed it off as he eats everything else fine.

have you tried a straight bar or rubber one in his mouth? maybe a few friends can let you try there bits?

also if hes young he may just be playing with the bit?
Vet and Dentist also said this is why my gelding chews (very little now mainly when im changing pace)

hope i helped a little x

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
Yeah he had the denist 2months ago, never tried a straight bar but hes hacked in a rubber pelham and still chews :rolleyes:
Ill ask around to see if anyone has a rubber snaffle or straight bar and see what happens
Hes 9? 10 this year so not very young but acts very immature:p
but thank you very much will try out them x

marley and danni

Visit site
i hope you find the route of the chewing !!

no harm in trying different things :)

let me know which mouth peice he chews less in as im going to try a stright bar after this years show season

he may just like playing with the bit in his mouth i know a few that do this.... that or hes eager to go :)

x