what oil do use on your bridles/saddles to soften them

Tinker_Belle

Visit site
Ko-Cho line. You need to really wok it in & leave it overnight but it is excellent.

I also like the soft saddle soap as that really conditions your leather & keeps it nice & supple.

Tia

Visit site
If you use Neatsfoot oil then you must buy a top quality brand. Don't buy that rubbish orange can one
crazy.gif
, as it is not pure neatsfoot and has bungs of other rubbish in it.

I use pure Neatsfoot oil. I place the bridle in a poly bag, drizzle it with plenty of Neatsfoot and then tie the bag up. Leave bridle in there, giving a shuffle around every few hours, for about 3 days. When the bridle comes out it will be super soft!
cool.gif

My saddles, being western saddles, are conditioned with Neatsfoot oil too. My English saddles are conditioned with Stubben Hammamol.

pennyh

Visit site
jeffries leathercare is my top choice , tried allsorts over the years & def like this best , doesn't send the leather soggy or dull with use over a long period of time , for cleaning stubben saddle soap

Foxfolly

Visit site
Effax leather soft is great for softening then effax leather balm for regularr cleaning.
Its what my saddler reccommended for new tack. Also the leather balm is really good for all my leather boots.. and the horses tendon boots!!

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
I also use good neats foot and same idea but I put it in an ice cream tub. Shake it every so often and leave it for a day. Good thing about tub is you can pour the oil back in (how cheap am I!) I had a really cheap bridle (£10) and people often asked the make as it was so nice and soft

Fransurrey

Visit site
I'm another kao-cho-line or whatever the stuff is fan! Very messy, as it;s like jam, but sooooo much fun. Right up there with making mud pies as a nipper! It softens the hardest of leather, even stuff that's been stored rather badly.

D

Donkeymad

I would also recommend the Effax, brilliant stuff. I would not use ANY oil though, as it <u>does</u> rot the stitching.

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I would not use ANY oil though, as it does rot the stitching

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but that isn't true DM. Only oils with chemicals in them do that. Pure neatsfoot oil does no harm whatsoever to stitching because it is totally natural and has no chemicals or agents in it. Trouble in England is that it is very difficult to get 100% pure neatsfoot, or at least I never did find it. I always had to import it from the States.