What phone case do you use?

DD265

Visit site
Lets face it - horse riders and owners are tough on phones. One of my old Nokias spent the night in the stable, got dropped in a bucket of water, fell out of my pocket when I was riding a 14.2hh, and I landed on it when I fell off and it was tucked in my jods waistband. Being an old Nokia, it survived all of that.

My iPhones? Well I'm not risking it.

I have an iPhone 5s which is in a Griffin Survivor case (I'm not convinced this one is the real deal, the first one was). I just lost the camera cover, so I need to replace the entire case. I can't decide whether to get the same one, or I'm looking at an iThroughTM waterproof case or perhaps the LifeProof Fre case if it's worth the money. I need a case that's dust proof, water resistant, and I want one with an integral screen cover. The Griffin case is very bulky and it can be awkward to get in and out of my pockets, hence looking at a slightly slimmer case.

My iPhone 6 is a work phone so it's even more important I look after that! I have it in an Anker Ultra Protective case. It is not as dust proof as the Griffin but that phone is only coming to the yard with me for two more months so after that I don't need to worry so much.

AmberThePony

Visit site
Not really of any help to you, but I have a mann zugg (?) and its quite similar to a Nokia but it's an explorer phone. It's waterproof, drop proof and I have dropped it on concrete quite a few times. My parents would never trust me with an I phone!

spike123

Visit site
I have a cheapie off of ebay at £2.99 for my nokia phone and it was a good buy. Dropped my phone a few times and it's not got scratched or damaged at all.

RubysGold

Visit site
I have a Sony Xperia z3. No one in the world can beat my track record with phones. I broke my Nokia lumia screen three times in 18 months. Bought out of the contract and within the year broke my Sony screen twice so am now on my third phone
I bought a gorilla cover. I love it. It's big and it's heavy but if I can make my phone live a little longer I will be happy.
Somehow I've managed to crack the screen on this cover too. Only bought it in September, but have ordered a new one. Hoping to make it to the end of the contract now without needing a repair on the phone. Contract ends in December

JFTDWS

Visit site
I've had mine in a Griffin Survivor (without the camera cover, which annoyed the life out of me) for about a year. It's survived longer than any iPhone I've ever had in the past...

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
I use a cheapie pay as you go flip phone for riding. It's nice and small and as it's a flip it doesn't need a case.

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
I have a regular phone case but use a my bunjee which clips it to myself so if it falls out my pocket then it won't hit the floor, drop into the water trough or get lost in the horses bed (as has happened to me in the past).

muddygreymare

Visit site
I have a Samsung s6 and it's in a spigen case, it's rubber outside edges with a hard back and special army grade material (or something fancy like that) inside. I also have a glass screen protector on it which is meant to break before the screen does - in theory. Case is doing well, phone has been dropped multiple timessage, outside, down stairs and no damage at all to my phone which is great because I'm a serial phone killer! Spigen make iPhone cases too and at about £15 it was definitely worth it :)

pippixox

Visit site
otterbox- i dropped my iphone twice in the first week and used it with a crack for ages! new phone- got the otterbox for about £30 and it was worth it. has been dropped loads and still in one piece. not waterproof, but i like not having a cover to remove.

mytwofriends

Visit site
I am so happy with the durability of my BlackBerry Q5 and its sleek hard shell case (totally non-bulky), I'm not even going to upgrade this month. I was all ready to defect and join the whole family with an iPhone.

My BlackBerry is awesome. I've dropped it numerous times, usually on a hard surface, and, thanks to the case, there is literally not a scratch on it. I've had it two years, and it's like an old friend. I'd be so sorry to see it go, and I just know I'd kill an iPhone.

LKKB

Visit site
I bought a lifeproof case after smashing my screen 3 times in as many months.

I've dropped it several times since then and it's still intact. Haven't tested how waterproof it is though. Only downside (other than my iphone no longer looking like an iphone!) is it makes photos rubbish. If i want to take a decent non-blurry photo I have to take the screan off (which is easy peasy).

Pippity

Visit site

chillipup

Visit site
Uhmm, I have a vodafone pay as you go contract on a Samsung mobile phone that cost me £10 !!!. I have no need to be connected to the internet when I'm on the move via the phone...because I'm driving and can't stop. I have a laptop that I can connect to when I move north to south, east to west, and need internet connection. I am sooo way behind the times...but hey ho....I'm happy:D in my own little world.ss

PS I have no idea what a phone case is...should I?