What rider and horse pairing was this? Help before I combust

Visit site
Hi all

I have it in my mind that around the time of the 2012 Olympics, there was a routine that was a grey horse and the end of the dressage was movement to Land of Hope and Glory - almost full song and to the end.

When searching, it appears never to have happened. It is definitely not Charlotte Dujardin's Gold routine, maybe her Silver? Cannot find it anywhere.

I recall it was the grey horse trotting in time to it, moving to the left of the screen but can find it nowhere.

Did it happen or have I made this up?

Thanks in advance!

AML

Visit site
Without checking...

My memory is of Laura Tomlinson coming down the centre line at the end of her test at the world games in Kentucky (2010?) to Land of Hope and Glory on her chestnut Alf - I forget his proper name. Hojidis Mistral or something.

Bought a tear to my eye!

Perhaps my memory is as off as yours!

ossy

Visit site
The canter work of Charlotte’s freestyle at London 2012 was to land of hope and glory And Sophie Christiansen had land of hope and glory in her 2012 Paralympics routine neither are greys though.

Visit site
Thanks all - definitely not her Gold routine - watched it today, not the same one

This one, the song was fully played right at the end - I remember that because as a previous poster, it was so moving

Will check the other suggestions!

Denbob

Visit site
I've spent most of this afternoon down a youtube rabbit hole searching (largely because I don't want to do my dissertation... :p ) and have ruled out all Olympic and Paralympic tests from 2012 except for one grey whose test is nowhere to be found! Spanish rider though so not sure on that one... will continue with dressage themed procrastination tomorrow :D

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I've spent most of this afternoon down a youtube rabbit hole searching (largely because I don't want to do my dissertation... :p ) and have ruled out all Olympic and Paralympic tests from 2012 except for one grey whose test is nowhere to be found! Spanish rider though so not sure on that one... will continue with dressage themed procrastination tomorrow :D

Was it Fuego? He was grey but his test was very Spanish.

Other greys I know of are Half Moon Delphi but can’t see a test where that music was used and did not compete at Olympics. Another famous grey was Blue Hors Matine and Andreas Helgstrand which was a few years earlier but I can’t think they ever used LofH&G.

Denbob

Visit site
Was it Fuego? He was grey but his test was very Spanish.

It was! Shame I couldn't find the Olympic test but did have a nosy at some of his WEG freestyles (please excuse the puddle of drool at my feet ;) ).

Although it wasn't as emotional as LofH&G and speaking of Blue Hors Matine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQgTiqhPbw the music choice had me grinning from ear to ear and that trot sequence at the end is phenomenal!