What should I wear?

Cazolime

Visit site
Couple of hopefully quick questions here..

Last year I took part in my first ever local show with the loan pony, but stuck to the show jumping classes as I know the rules regarding attire aren't quite so strict (I went white shirt, navy jacket, canary jods with black gloves and boots), however I want to do more this year but have no idea what i'm supposed to wear! The show is local and I would not be competing as a member for points, just for fun!

Situation 1:

In hand M&M with my friend's 13.3hh 4 year old black fell pony.

Situation 2:

In hand veteran with my 14.1hh grey 19 year old cob mare.

Situation 3:

Dressage with the above mare.

Over a few shows I would like to do all of the above as well as the odd jumping class (not all at the same show though!)

Is there any outfit I could wear for everything, or am I going to have to accept that I will need to get changed multiple times?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Theocat

Visit site
You could do everything in boots, canary jods, shirt, tie and tweed jacket. It wouldn't always be "correct", but it certainly wouldn't be "wrong" and plenty of others at local level will be dressed like that.

You could keep the top half the same and change into trousers and short boots/ shoes for the in hand - dark trousers for pale legs, pale trousers for dark legs.

Lots of people will tell you that you "need" a stock for dressage, but a tie is fine for that too if that's what you have.

As a bare minimum, buy a tweed. If you can't run in your long boots, you might need sonething you can run in for in hand. If you like spending money, you can go all out on showing outfits and a stock for dressage, but for going out and having fun, especially if it means several changes in one day, it certainly isn't essential. Personally, I'd wait until I worked out if I liked it before I spent the money!

Cazolime

Visit site
That's brilliant thank you!

I'll keep my eye out for a second hand tweed jacket, I already have jodphur boots and a pair of dark trousers I can use in hand, but will look at getting a cheap pair of lighter trousers for now and then will stick with the same jods and tie for dressage and show jumping.

Much appreciated!

Orangehorse

Visit site
Brown gloves, never black. It is a silly English tradition, that black gloves were for mourning.

Your outfit is fine, and a collar and tie is fine, in fact I prefer it.