What show jacket should I get?!

Visit site
I'm getting a show jacket soon and I am really unsure on which colour jacket to get. I will probably be showing on a fell pony (she's black if that helps?) and j will most likely be doing sj, dressage, in hand and maybe Xc but not sure yet as she isn't mine, she's a loan. Does it matter what colour you get or do you need a certain one for colour of horse/breed/type of show? I've heard the riding boots matter aswell so if it helps i have long boots. Thanks!

xgemmax

Visit site
Sj can be any colour, dressage either black or navy, I personally prefer navy but depends what colour hat you have. Showing you'll need a tweed, xc you don't wear a show jacket :)

Shay

Visit site
You would be better off with a plain (or plainish) black or navy jacket - that way you can still do the other things you want to. If you opt for an odd colour SJ jacket then you might find you can't do anything else in it which is a waste of money. You can show at low level in a black or navy jacket - you don't have to have tweed until you get a bit higher up.

Nothing to stop you having a discrete trim colour. Bright pink probably isn't the most versatile choice (although I accept my daughter's SJ equiport is navy with a fushia trim - but she has others!) Depending on the colour numnah etc there are some lovely blue / grey / green / burgundy trims available. (Not all at once!) But at this stage, with one jacket for possibly many disciplines you'd be best off opting for something you can use in everything. Jackets are not cheap!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I'm getting a show jacket soon and I am really unsure on which colour jacket to get. I will probably be showing on a fell pony (she's black if that helps?) and j will most likely be doing sj, dressage, in hand and maybe Xc but not sure yet as she isn't mine, she's a loan. Does it matter what colour you get or do you need a certain one for colour of horse/breed/type of show? I've heard the riding boots matter aswell so if it helps i have long boots. Thanks!

If you only want to buy one jacket to do all these listed disciplined I would go for tweed. You would need Tweed for the showing & you can also do the other events in that jacket as well. ;)

conniegirl

Visit site
Blue tweeds not realy good for showing, get a green or brown based tweed, you can show in it (no matter what people say a navy jacket on a native is never correct) do affiliated dressage upto and including novice level, you can show jump in it, you can go cubbing in it and most PC comps require one too