What showing classes could I take my mare in?

fathorselover

Visit site
I am idly sitting here thinking about things I'd like to do with my mare next year. She will be 7 in April, a bit of a late starter due to having a surprise foal. Altogether she has been cracking so far.

I'd like to school her on a bit over the winter and take her along to some local shows in the spring and see what happens, but would be clueless what classes to enter her in. She is actually a registered Part Bred Arab 😂 , she stands about 15.1 although I haven't had a stick on her to measure properly.

Honest criticism welcome, I will attach some photos, one recently when she was clipped where she has filled out a fair bit, another back in the summer when she had her summer coat but wasn't as well rounded! No ridden pics sadly.

Attachments

• gemmy.jpg
    gemmy.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 50
  • gemmy2-595x793.jpg
    gemmy2-595x793.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 49

Leo Walker

Visit site
I was going to say riding horse as well. I dont think shes refined enough to be a hack, definitely not a small hunter and size wise thats about it. I'd turn her out as a riding horse and do that and any PBA classes you see. Local level things like riding club horse and working hunter are an option as well

fathorselover

Visit site
Thankyou for the replies. I shall do some research into riding horses and crack on with the schooling - thankfully she is very willing/forward going without being silly so I'm hoping she will do ok!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
agree riding horse type, she is a nice looking horse so if you get her going properly and turned out well she should do ok..... it always depends on the judge's taste though so just treat it as a fun outing and its a bonus if you get placed. good luck

Pinkvboots

Visit site
If she is registered with the AHS there are PBA classes you can do at there shows although they will be a much higher standard than the local shows, but maybe something to aim for!