What size saddle does your horse take?

Clava

Visit site
Haflinger - Wintec Wide with extra, extra wide gullet, 17"

TB - Ideal medium wide 17.5" and Lovett and Rickets m/w 17.5" (the L&R is a snugger fit)

Girlychu

Visit site
Cob x Tb (15hh) - 17" Ideal Jessica (Dr), 17" native pony "The Glen' and Mountain and Moorland Gps. Plus a KES Working Hunter again 17". All wide/extra wide depending on make.

Welsh D x mare (14.3hh) - Ideal H & C 17" wide.

Cob (14hh) - Thorogood - 17" gp and Bell Busk 17" gp. Both wide :)

Queenbee

Visit site
friesian x tb 15.1, 17.5 med - med wide depending on time of year and fitness level.

Other is ben, he looks like he will be a med wide fit (heres hoping!) but he's only 2 1/2 and hoping he will max out at 16hh/16.1hh he is a little over 15.2 at the moment. so hoping to get away with with a 17.5 and hoping he will be a good fit to one of my bates/wintecs med wide will be ideal, don't think we stand a chance of getting away with a med, but who knows until he's really up and running under saddle next year (and then of course he will continue to grow and change :eek:)

kittykatcat

Visit site
GFS 17'' GP EXTRA WIDE for my skinny thoroughbred - with shims underneath to allow him to develop muscle. Fitted according to 'Lavinia Mitchell' and he has never gone so well in two years - a completely different approach to fitting, and I rate it highly!!!

soloequestrian

Visit site
Mine are all in Balance saddles, so follow slightly different principles of fitting to normal saddles.

16.1 TBxID - 8X (that's extra-wide times 8 - extra, extra, extra etc. wide) 17.5"
16.1 TBxWelsh - Free Spirit Regular, roughly same with as 8X 17.5"
17hh lanky TB - 7X 17", although will probably go into a wider saddle next year when I can afford it.

The narrowest Balance saddle is a 7X and horses absolutely love them.

Just read post above - Lavinia Mitchell trained with Balance and follows their principles in her saddle fitting.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
100_1950.jpg

The chestnut (15.2 and a bit ;) hh, anglo-arab) has a Jeffries Elite jumping saddle, 17 1/2, wide.

Madam Min

Visit site
Our 15.1 TB X mare has a 17.5 wide Thorowgood Fairfax dressage saddle and our 17.3hh TB X gelding has a wide Balance Zenith GP