What size?

silverdollar

Visit site
Hi no idea what size rug my daughters pony needs she brought him with rugs etc included but id like to buy a decent one for the winter as if like last year it was bad. He is out all yr round hes a welsh x 13.1 hh can any gie me rough idea of size and whats best rugs/rugs to buy thanks:):)

xmonax

Visit site
Hi no idea what size rug my daughters pony needs she brought him with rugs etc included but id like to buy a decent one for the winter as if like last year it was bad. He is out all yr round hes a welsh x 13.1 hh can any gie me rough idea of size and whats best rugs/rugs to buy thanks:):)
I Would say if he is a small 13.1 5'/5.3' it really does depend :p

appylass

Visit site
hmmm 5.6' is big!!!!
my pony is 14.2hh and she is a 5.3' and she is long backed! ;)

Just goes to show, my pony is 14 hands and is 6'3"!

OP you will need to either check the labels on the rugs the pony has, or measure from the centre of his chest in a straight line to his tail. Don't try and guess as it could be an expensive mistake.

Jane_Lou

Visit site
It really depends on the build of the pony as well, a chunky pony will "take up" more of the rug around their shoulders and rump, wheras a slighter pony of the same size will take a smaller rug. My two are similar sizes height wise but one takes a 5'9" or 6' and the other 6' or 6'3 depending on the make of the rug.