What small things have made your day??

mulledwhine

Visit site
My two are very unimportant :). Opened a feed bag with one pull of the string, and pony allowed a grown up to do the things he lets a little child do, eg brush not tied up, so not ground breaking, but made my day :)

So what happened to you?

Shantara

Visit site
I love stuff like the feed bag thing! Like getting a huge strip of wallpaper!

I'll let a picture describe what made my day ;)

BeachBall032.jpg

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I had the afternoon off work today, so I decided to do some groundwork with my just turned 3 year old. Today I decided to start teaching long-reining. She really tried hard and allowed me to move further back until I was almost behind her. I then took the lines off and bridle off and sent her free round the school to have a little energy release. When she had finished, she walked up to me completely submissive. I gave her a rub on her head and she then proceeded to follow me round the school - circles, serpentines, stopped when I stopped etc. Nearly brought a little tear to my eye!

Karran

Visit site
I've arranged to meet my potential new share pony on saturday! He's a lovely chestnut NF. His owner sounds lovely. I'm so excited I may pop!

mulledwhine

Visit site
All fantastic things, and much more exciting than mine, although yes a feed bag coming undone in one is as satisfying as wall paper :D

Nah, that is a fab picture, and extra points for the Scottish flag :)

lhotse

Visit site
Please see my post above concerning the chicken house!!
Plus took the dog for a very muddy walk in the local nature reserve, which was fun, and the drive back was stunning as the views from the Cotswold Edge across the Severn Channel, with storm clouds building and fantastic light were pretty amazing. Just sorry I didn't take my camera with me!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Oooh, I like this thread!!

I boxed my new boy up and took him down to the local equestrian centre to use their outdoor school for the first time. I actually can't believe how brave I'm being at the moment given that I have barely ridden for the past 5 years or so (other than geriatric mare, western horses in Montana and our 13.2). A lot of it is that I am trying to be totally on top of him as he is new, so that he knows his boundaries from the beginning (pretty easy because he's laid back, but even so.....), so really trying to not give him an inch.

So despite being a little apprehensive (and probably faffing a little too much to make sure his bridle was straight etc. ;)), I got on and schooled him, even past the pig fillers of the jump that was up, and the wings/water tray/barrels just outside one end of the school that he huffed and puffed at.

I think I had the biggest smile on my face for a while when I was trotting round - I still can't believe I have such a dude for a horse. :):p:cool:

Archiepoo

Visit site
lol i know! hes actually really good at helping, he wants to be a chef so often asks to cook too! he mucks out like a pro and cleans tack too!( hes available sat sun and wed evenings) totally unlike his brother whos a total teenager and barely grunts:D

mulledwhine

Visit site
I am pretty much Scottish, just without the accent :p I'd rather be known as Scottish, than English, hehe :p (And my Father certainly wouldn't have it any other way!)

Sound just like me, born in Yorkshire, but with Scottish parents, my granda always said ' don't let anyone tell you, that you ate not Scottish, just because it say otherwise on your birth certificate, we know the truth ;) )

So I am very very proud o be SCOTTISH :)

mulledwhine

Visit site
Please see my post above concerning the chicken house!!
Plus took the dog for a very muddy walk in the local nature reserve, which was fun, and the drive back was stunning as the views from the Cotswold Edge across the Severn Channel, with storm clouds building and fantastic light were pretty amazing. Just sorry I didn't take my camera with me!

Just read your post, what a lovely thing to happen, what a memory x

Queenbee

Visit site
Hearing my poorly mare whinny a greeting this morning and seeing that she had eaten her haylage (pretty huge things really). Tail wagging, smiley whippet going ballistic with happiness when I came home. All the people who have messaged me with get well wishes for my horse, YO telling me he was putting in new gate to horses paddock which will make turning my boy out a lot easier and telling me he will fertilise field this week :D lots of little things but they all meant the world to me :D

murphysmummy

Visit site
It's definately the little things. I had a very stressful, very pants day at work, I got to the yard and wandered to the field. Despite being in a lively field my boy lifted hid head and neighed to me! :) can't beat it!

Burnttoast

Visit site
Went to watch my mate's lunge lesson at our usual place (can't afford one atm) and at the end instructor put me on board for a moment to stretch my hips out (stops the pain in my right one better than anything!) and then to my surprise gave me a minute on each rein doing canter-halt-reinback-canter and practising super-slow canter. Felt so good. Such fab horses! Scraping around my bank account now for the money for the full 45 mins....

FinkleyAlex

Visit site
Having a cup of tea in the bath (feels weird but little things like that make me happy)

Having similar answers to my classmates for our chemistry exam

Being absolutely hailed on whilst poo-picking the field in a little skirt, flowery tights and patterned jumper and wellies (went up straight after school), then obstinately thinking it will pass quickly, realising after three minutes that the hail was actually painful, had gone down my neck, down my bra, soaked my hair and scratched my face and running for shelter under a tree. That doesn't sound like a highlight but when I looked out from under my tree at my boy and his herd-mates under a neighbouring tree staring right back I couldn't help but laugh - neighbours must think I'm a loon!

Leaving the poo-picking scraper thing in the middle of the field having run to the nearest tree due to hail and then watching my two year old flounce over to it, unsure whether to be brave or not and thinking its absolutely terrifying before knocking it over and running away like a pansy...he makes me laugh!

bluewhippet

Visit site
I am pretty much Scottish, just without the accent :p I'd rather be known as Scottish, than English, hehe :p (And my Father certainly wouldn't have it any other way!)

But he looks very middle eastern in his Scottish flag - actually, like a camel in the nicest possible way!

mulledwhine

Visit site
Can't quote now as ony phone ,,

But fools motto that is great , well done :)

And blue whippetit s lot of Italian and and middle eatern people now live in Glasgow, so .... He fits in very well :D x

Jazzy B

Visit site
leading my 5 year old around the school while she giggled her head off on my very obliging TB/ID while she practiced her stopping at each letter and shouting out an animal beginning with each letter and then teaching her how to do "around the world" - he got an extra carrot but she had a lovely time and what a good boy he was!

Littlelegs

Visit site
Hacking out & blasting across a field with daughter.
Someone behind a high hedge starting a chainsaw only feet from daughters not yet 5 yr old pony, who could only hear a loud noise very close by, & pony did nothing more than turn her head towards it. Then carried on past like a pro.
Realising that still enough school uniform in wardrobe without me having to iron this evening.

milesjess

Visit site
I had a riding lesson at a riding school! First time in years... I have my own horse etc but decided to go back to the drawing board and sort my riding errors.