What sort of bridle would suit her...

truffles

Visit site
Finally have enough money to get Chloe a nice bridle.....Am not good on what types of bridle compliment what heads etc...but as long as it is comfy that is not a major issue, although it would be nice to have one that doesn't swamp her
grin.gif

Okay, so here is a picture - it isn't great, but the best I could do!

chloeandrandom016.jpg

And can anyone reccomend one that is not too expensive? I also need to pay for a back check up for her, so cannot splurge on anything.
smile.gif

Thanks x

0ldmare

Visit site
Aw she is lovely! To flatter her looks definitely go for a broad noseband (if you look at Show Cobs they always have a wide noseband as a skinny one looks silly). Its got to be black. How about one of those Heritage elevator bridles? I have seen them at quite a reasonable cost on ebay.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Agree with Oldmare that black would be the best colour for her. Not sure about the heritage comfort (elevator) bridle though as they come with a very deep, heavily padded crank noseband which might look rather bulky on her. Personally I think she would suit a traditional broad flat style noseband

druid

Visit site
Check what Barnstormers have - they're very reasonable and a wide range so you're sure to find something for her - I like the Canterbury bridle but it depends if you need a flash/grackle/drop or not!

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Aw she is lovely! To flatter her looks definitely go for a broad noseband (if you look at Show Cobs they always have a wide noseband as a skinny one looks silly). Its got to be black. How about one of those Heritage elevator bridles? I have seen them at quite a reasonable cost on ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh elevator going cheap? Will have a lookie around, thanks.
smile.gif

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Agree with Oldmare that black would be the best colour for her. Not sure about the heritage comfort (elevator) bridle though as they come with a very deep, heavily padded crank noseband which might look rather bulky on her. Personally I think she would suit a traditional broad flat style noseband

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I was wondering whetehr an elevator would be very bulky on her, but I have seen nice rather slim ones, but slim would look silly haha, so probs best opting for the flat hunter one. thanks.

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Check what Barnstormers have - they're very reasonable and a wide range so you're sure to find something for her - I like the Canterbury bridle but it depends if you need a flash/grackle/drop or not!

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do, taa Druid.
smile.gif

ETA - The canterbury one is LOVELY, will be going for that most probably.
smile.gif

truffles

Visit site

druid

Visit site
You can get Hunter type ones with a flash - gimme a minute to find one!

Even better..found this - scroll down about 2/3 of the way, then you can swap between flash or not as it suits you. Any good?
crazy.gif

Irishcobs

Visit site
The flash connector D? I have them for Hattie also a cob. As she needs a flash for some bits and not of others so it easier to remove the flash and connector completely.

Hattie has the canterbury for showing it is lovely.

druid

Visit site
Actually the Canterbury model is in both the Belnheim and Sterling ranges so you can have it in imported leather or English leather and it's still not as expensive as the other one!
laugh.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
She would look great in a hunter type bridle - about 1 1/4" wide noseband.

Chancer is a similar shape and he has a 1 1/2" noseband on his show bridle.

I would go for dark brown, then you can use it for showing unless of course you already have a black saddle.

Dark brown can look nicer on a black head as it does not blend in like black leather can.

Pretty mare.

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
She would look great in a hunter type bridle - about 1 1/4" wide noseband.

Chancer is a similar shape and he has a 1 1/2" noseband on his show bridle.

I would go for dark brown, then you can use it for showing unless of course you already have a black saddle.

Dark brown can look nicer on a black head as it does not blend in like black leather can.

Pretty mare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh I don't havemuch choice with the saddle, as it will be 2nd hand, but I will try and nab a dark brown one.
smile.gif
thanks for your help.

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The flash connector D? I have them for Hattie also a cob. As she needs a flash for some bits and not of others so it easier to remove the flash and connector completely.

Hattie has the canterbury for showing it is lovely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant, canterbury with flash attachment it shall be then!

truffles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Actually the Canterbury model is in both the Belnheim and Sterling ranges so you can have it in imported leather or English leather and it's still not as expensive as the other one!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, will try and get hold of the imported one

[ QUOTE ]
Guess it is twice the price as it is english leather. The Shires Canterbury is from the Blenheim range which is imported leather I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

Thanks for all your help MrsT and Druid....
grin.gif