What strange foods do you feed your horses?

Pie's mum

Visit site
Can't edit as on my phone! He also loves buns and has been known to sneak up behind me to steal one out of my hand!

VixieTrix

Visit site
Haha these are brill!

Blue LOVES chocolate!

on my bday one year I had a chocolate cake; I was stood on the yard holding him, turned round and he had his face it! :eek:

He also followed at a very fast pace when I gave him a slice of Galaxy cookie crumble the other day :D

flirtygerty

Visit site
In the past, I have been mugged for a cup of tea, with milk and sugar, he still enjoys a cup, now given in his feed bucket, layer pellets, toasted marmite sarnies, bananas, skins and all, pears, mangos, basically, my lad will try anything once, my daughter gave him a fresh egg, which he took, then spat it back at her, my TB on the otherhand, has to be persuaded to try something new, he nibbled a gingersnap biscuit crumb by crumb, until he realised it was actually nice, our mare only eats the flesh of a banana never the skin.
My OH lost his whiskey to my lad, who decided it was worth tasting.
Horses tastes are as diverse as ours

puss

Visit site
I have a cob that will eat anything meat crisp pure bute out of my hand sucks a wormer tube afterwards. Even been know to eat a dead rabbit in the field what ever he can steal or find. He has the most disgusting habits. Hes 22 so his habits hasn't done him any harm. But he wont eat wosits

Christsam

Visit site
None because the Boy looks at you like youre trying to food poison him and spits it out everywhere :-( We did have a funny time with watermelon where i put some chunks in his feed bowl and he was scared of his bowl! And he also had my other half trying to feed apple (yes i know!!!) last night and he got scared of him/it and ran away!