What the hell is going on in France?

Polos Mum

Visit site
I'd too seen this a few weeks ago - the geographical spread and different methods in the detailed article said that they thought it was some sort of online dare type thing and the parts (ears etc.) taken as trophies / evidence.

It makes you seriously wonder what the human race has become.

Shady

Visit site
Cripes Shady! Too close that is! Sending keep safe hugs xx
Thanks lovely:) xxxxx
The authorities are making a big thing about people not going all vigilante but I don't think threats of serious repercussions will stop horse owners here going Rambo if they catch these sick f**kers in the act.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Christ iv'e just found out that one of the attacks where the horses were mutilated but lived was literally just around the corner and up the road from me. Can't believe I didn't know this. My farmer neighbour just dropped a round off and told me. He is in a bit of a state as he has two girls that live in a flat attached to him and they have ponies dotted all over the place around here. They have formed a group which iv'e just joined to share nightly patrols. Awful:(

God almighty!

You can buy battery alarms that go off if anyone opens the stable door if the arrest doesn't stop this.

Shady

Visit site

DirectorFury

Visit site
Shady, you can also fix up rape alarms on doors, which run off batteries, easy to fix but make a lot of racket when the pin is pulled!
You can also rig up shotgun blanks (as using live ammo is frowned upon!) with a pin on a string so when it’s triggered it makes an ungodly bang and makes the person who set it off think you’re shooting at them - usually sees them scarper quickly. Maybe not the best in the immediate vicinity of the stables though; they work well attached to trip lines at ankle height.

scruffyponies

Visit site
A tip from a traveller friend of mine - he rigged up DIY alarms using party poppers with a bit of petrol in them. String can go to a trip-wire, which is usually enough to scare the bejeezus out of a prowler, apparently.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
A tip from a traveller friend of mine - he rigged up DIY alarms using party poppers with a bit of petrol in them. String can go to a trip-wire, which is usually enough to scare the bejeezus out of a prowler, apparently.

Hmm...

Something like this that scares away a would-be attacker is good... but it could also be rigged up to set off a camera with a flash, that would get a really good picture of the person.

BBP

Visit site
Jeeze, how terrifying. I’m quite paranoid anyway due to my work, and I like my gadgets, so I often play with alarms and other things using movement sensors and pressure switches. I change things around so if people are doing reconnaissance before breaking in things aren’t in the same places.

Shady

Visit site
I'd honestly just assumed they were using a twitch as I couldn't see any other way to keep a horse calm enough. I have to say I know quite a few people who use them and I can use one properly myself. There are loads of youtube vids to show you and actually it's sadly not that difficult to learn . I shouldn't think they care how much pressure or damage they are doing :(