What time do your horses get turned out and in during winter?

AFB

Visit site
Mine gets turned out about 6am and I bring him in usually about 5.30/6pm after work. This can vary though as he's been out until 8 or even 9pm on odd occasions.

Darlabean

Visit site
Mine have access to the entire yard and arena with stable door open, when field gates shut. That is their “in” so they get plenty of movement and don’t stiffen up. Timings are dependent on whether fields will churn if they are “out”. ��

Last edited:

SWE

Visit site
Same here little critter!

Mine are out by 7am - 6pm during the week, and around 8.30am - 5pm at weekends.

Either everyone on here only works part time or is lucky enough to have part livery like you say ��

Out at around 7am, in at around 6pm. I have to do those times due to work.
I'm assuming those who bring in at 3:30 are on assisted / part livery? I'd love to bring in earlier but I finish work at 5pm and get to the yard about 6pm.

Last edited:

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Mine is out currently from 7.30/8am -12-2pm in the week. Weekends it can be more like 11am-3pm.

I'd like longer, but winter turn out is limited and tricky to find near me.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Mine comes in at between 4 and 5pm, and is then moved to another stable at 7am for breakfast, goes out around 9 30 until 1:30 and comes in for work and feed etc, usually gets a bit longer in a paddock before "bedtime". It does vary depending on the weather, but she's always had at least 2 hours out even in the worst of it! Try to aim for 5 hours out, she doesn't care much about being left in, but I make sure she can have a roll and get her head down to grass daily.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Same here little critter!

Mine are out by 7am - 6pm during the week, and around 8.30am - 5pm at weekends.

Either everyone on here only works part time or is lucky enough to have part livery like you say ��

No, I go back in my lunch break to bring in.

We have a 5pm bring in rule in winter and as I work 5 days a week from 9am until 5.30/6pm I have to make 3 visits a day.

SWE

Visit site

We have a 5pm bring in rule in winter and as I work 5 days a week from 9am until 5.30/6pm I have to make 3 visits a day.

Ah I see that's great you can make it back at lunch, very lucky!

Sorry I didn't mean anything by my comment apart from, I wish I was as lucky!

Pc2003

Visit site
My boys go out about 8am and in between 3-4pm. We are on total diy so people do whatever they like at various times. This does tend to mean if something comes in at 2pm the others all want to come in. Which varies from gate loitering to charging up and down

Tangled

Visit site
Weekdays my boy is out before 6am and in around 2pm. Weekends he is out anytime between 8am-9am depending how long our hack is! He is then brought in around 3-3:30ish.

little_critter

Visit site

Ah, I see. I can't do that either. I have a 30 minute lunch break and the yard is 40 mins away.
I used to get a friend to bring in for me but now I have a 2nd horse and luckily they are calm being the last 2 out.

Wheels

Visit site
I have 2 stables but 4 horses so I have 2 in at night with the other 2 out and then swap them at 7am and again at 7pm. That suits my working hours, leave for work at 9am and home for about 6.45

Same routine weekdays / weekends / holidays.

In the summer they all live out 24/7