What to buy my wife ?

Cneifiwr

Visit site
Hi everyone

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can get for my wife on her birthday! She's really into her horses and is seriously getting in to eventing now! I'd like to get her something really useful for her new challenge! She has all the traditional stuff so is her anything unusual/new that would help her in her early events?

Thanks

Goldenstar

Visit site
Just give her your cheque book !!! That's a lovely idea can you ask one of her friends?
Or a nice box with a set of studs tap spammers etc etc you can getbsome smart sets.
Or a lovely whip there's a company that sells beauiful high end whips I saw an ad recently I have a look.

Bernster

Visit site
Haha - I initially thought this thread was "want to buy my wife" ?! Not that I'm on the look out for a wife, thanks - horses are enough for me :)

My OH has bought me lessons in the past. Depending on your area there may well be either a well known eventer who will do private lessons, or a really good riding school eg Talland type level of horses and tuition. Or get a good trainer to come out to you?

Buying Kit is a bit trickier I always think as its much more about personal taste.

emma.is

Visit site
A nice idea would be a promise book, one coupon = one promise.

I.E. I promise to muck out your horse. I promise to tow the trailer. I promise to buy you a bacon butty.

Very useful at an event, expect to be scooting around!

Alec Swan

Visit site
Carefully, and tactfully ask her how she thinks her eventing career could be improved.

Say for instance, that she says that her dressage is letting her down, or her show jumping, or whatever, and as others have suggested, lessons.

Does she have a favourite horse? There are some super quality stout brass name plates available for head collars. Find a competent saddler (there's one on here ;)), and perhaps he'd make up a super head collar. If you think that this is a good idea, then whizz me off a pm, and I'll let you have his contact details.

Just a couple of ideas. Good luck.

Alec.

lizziebinks

Visit site
I think that personalised gear is more of a showjumpers thing. It's not really done in eventing circles.

How about some smart cross country colours if she is just getting into eventing £xx? Or a smart dressage jacket £xxx? OR a new jump saddle £xxxx?!

Vulpinator

Visit site
Come on this the hunting forum What about a subscription to the local hunt or is that too practical or even a saddle flask. PS You dont need a husband by the look of these replies you need a wallet HA HA

BenceyJ

Visit site
What about a nice conical flask to go hunting with - or a nice saddlebag. Have a look on www.foxyattire.co.uk they have some nice gifts - if you fancy a different type of saddlebag they will design and make one for you. Or hip flask holders to clip on the saddle or breastplate, just to calm those nerves!