what to do in the new forest?

Shantara

Visit site
So, im off to the new forest on the 12th! Im so excited :-D
is there anything you lot can recommend doing while im there? Ill be going for the weekend :)

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
What area?

Riding, walking, eating/drinking/and being very merry at lots of lovely pubs, water sports between Ringwood/Fordingbridge, Beaulieu Motor Museum, beaches, ..... lots to do.

Enjoy. :D

Holly Hocks

Visit site
The New Forest is my favourite place that I've ever visited (and I live in a pretty nice area in the Lake District). If I could live anywhere in the world I would choose the New Forest. If you want to ride down there it's awesome - I can't remember the place I rode at - I think it was in the direction of Ringwood somewhere and we had a fabulous fast hack. I go there for a week each year as my parents live on the edges of the forest but I don't ride there now as to be honest I want to get away from horses for a week! The walking is amazing and there are loads of gorgeous country pubs - my favourite being the High Corner Inn at Linwood. If you're into cars (or even if you're not!) the Beaulieu Motor museum is well worth a day out and every year we go to the New Forest Wildlife place. Have a great time, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Parker79

Visit site
I keep my horses there! (cant help but grin as I never forget how lucky I am).

What sort of things do you want to do? Lyndhurst and Brockenhurst are lovely to look around (mainly if you like shopping!). I love the tiny village Minstead, cute little village shop with good coffee and cake!

Depends what you fancy doing....Beaulieu area is lovely too.

Will try to think of some decent info for you...have to dash off and make dinner!

Wobblywibble

Visit site
Some good places to visit

Burley, quaint village with donkeys, ponies, pubs and witches. Lots of good walks.
High Corner Inn, old pub down a battered track in the middle of nowhere. Hitching rail for horses. Also to be found at the White Buck near Burley, superb food.
Lymington, nice old town with big marina and an open air pool. Market on Saturday.
Ornamental drives at Rhinefield and Bolderwood, see the deer being fed at deer sanctuary. More nice walks here.
Reptillary off the Lyndhurst Rd. avoid Lyndhurst itself unless you want to be stuck in traffic for weeks.
Bird of Prey sanctuary at Ringwood and nice tack shop Aivly.
Beaulieu motor museum, expensive but a good day out.
Bucklers Hard, very old preserved ship building village. Very photogenic. Walk here along the Beaulieu river to avoid the car park charges!
Exbury Gardens, perfect time of year for the rhododendrons
Bournemouth for the beach
Southampton for shopping at West Quay

That should keep you busy!!

Mildred

Visit site
Some good places to visit

Burley, quaint village with donkeys, ponies, pubs and witches. Lots of good walks.
High Corner Inn, old pub down a battered track in the middle of nowhere. Hitching rail for horses. Also to be found at the White Buck near Burley, superb food.
Lymington, nice old town with big marina and an open air pool. Market on Saturday.
Ornamental drives at Rhinefield and Bolderwood, see the deer being fed at deer sanctuary. More nice walks here.
Reptillary off the Lyndhurst Rd. avoid Lyndhurst itself unless you want to be stuck in traffic for weeks.
Bird of Prey sanctuary at Ringwood and nice tack shop Aivly.
Beaulieu motor museum, expensive but a good day out.
Bucklers Hard, very old preserved ship building village. Very photogenic. Walk here along the Beaulieu river to avoid the car park charges!
Exbury Gardens, perfect time of year for the rhododendrons
Bournemouth for the beach
Southampton for shopping at West Quay

That should keep you busy!!

Top list there - agree with all of it but have to say - West Quay - go early (or not at all if you can help it!) or you will get swamped by Wayne/Waynetta stampeding towards the food terrace from about 1130am onwards!

Also the beach at Lepe which is close to Exbury Gardens - not your typical pretty sandy beach but often lots of nice sailing boats to watch and you can take dogs. Bolderwood is really nice, perfect for photographing deer at close range.

Shantara

Visit site
Thanks everyone :D I'm not sure where abouts I'm going (parents planned it all) but I'll pitch a few of these ideas to them :) Thanks again!

burtie

Visit site
Top list there - agree with all of it but have to say - West Quay - go early (or not at all if you can help it!) or you will get swamped by Wayne/Waynetta stampeding towards the food terrace from about 1130am onwards!

You are so right, you'd have to pay me to go anywhere near West Quay after about 10am. If I really need to go to one of the shops and cannot go elsewhere I'm knocking on the door at 9am!!! :)

However if you want to go a bit off the beaten track and like gardens, try this.

http://www.furzey-gardens.org/