What to do now?

as sweet as hunni

Visit site
Hunni had depo Thursday, and guess what, she came into season the next day! So that was a waste of money and she keeps squealing at horses with ears back and pawing/striking hoof out and she even done it a woman today(she got a smack) I dont know what to do with her as if you bring a foal past paddock she will charge with ears back and teeth bared! And there are foals in field, I also have lost confidence in hacking, because a few weeks before we moved yard(yesterday) we were hacking through village(walking) and she bucked reared and threatened to kick a car :( I don't know what tk do! All tack fits and she has had her teeth and back done

Spiritedly

Visit site
Don't know what depo is but didn't want you to feel ignored :eek: There are a couple of supplements you can get for mares have you tried these?

Jazzy B

Visit site
I don't really understand your post, but you have a very mareish mare? As Spiritedly has said, have you tried supplements if not, perhaps get the vet in for advice?

Cello_song

Visit site
Hi hunni, u replied to my post last week about my hormonal mare saying your girl has an enlarged follicle? What is depo? Is that a treatment she's had?

My mare has now been scanned and the vet found 2 enlarged follicles on the left ovary and 4 on the right, he has put my mare on regumate for 3 months with a view to removing the ovaries if the regumate trial is successful. Have u tried regumate already? I'm not sure how I feel about my vets ovary removal suggestion but is it something u could consider if nothing else is working for your girl? X

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
What does your vet say?

Was the Depo in place of a marble or Regumate? I'm not very knowledgeable at all about any of it (my mares have, so far, been bearable at the worst and brilliant at the best).

What feed and regime is your mare on?

Syrah

Visit site
Depo - contraception ;) used for humans too.

Have you spoken to your vet about the timing of the injection? With her season starting the day after the jab, it might have been too late for this season but may work for the next? Or I might be talking a load of rubbish :D

as sweet as hunni

Visit site
She is is being fed hi fi chaf, pony mix and agnus cactus, and vet has suggested regumate but hoping depo would work haha! I want to turn her out with the herd, but she does alot of pinning ears,squealing, striking with hoof, is this her being hormonal or normal behaviour? And may try regumate now :)