What to do with my energetic horse..

jcoombs

Visit site
My mare is on box rest with what should be 20mins in hand walking x2 a day following collateral ligament damage in the coffin joint.

She is completely sound now and is due a follow up scan to see if she can go out soon..

But when I'm trying to do the walking she's just too mad, she's good for the first 5 mins but then explodes no matter where we are and won't even walk calmly in the school anymore (meant to be introducing her to soft surfaces) so I'm doing 5-10mins either once or twice a day because obviously broncing and rearing vertical and trying to canter on concrete could damage her ligament again..

She has Sedalin but it doesn't touch her, she's been in for 4 months now so can't blame her for having energy..

Will I be doing more damage not doing 20mins a day twice or would it be worse to have her throwing her self about all over the place in concrete?

Tried bridle, stallion chain, chifney and control halter and nothing stops her :/

Goldenstar

Visit site
It's awful I suggest you discuss it with your vet who will advise what he thinks is the lesser of the evils.