What to do with unwanted hay?

kit279

Visit site
I've just moved house and inherited a field shelter full of small bales of hay from the previous owners who used it for their alpacas. I've ordered in my haylage for the year - always feed haylage as have Thoroughbreds and they keep their weight better on this - so I have no use for the hay particularly and could do with the extra space in the fields shelter. Is there anything I can do with the unwanted hay? We are on the Bucks/Oxon border - is there anyone who would be interested in rehoming it? It would be suitable for horses - are there any charities who might be interested in it? Don't want any money for it but haven't got an easy way of transporting it at present.

Polos Mum

Visit site
Stick an ad on preloved - ask them to collect and write a cheque to a charity for you to post, at £2 a bale someone will get bargin hay and charity gets a nice winter donation (assuming it's ok hay)

EffyCorsten

Visit site
You should donate it, any local centres? at this time of year it would be such a huge help and give you a nice warm feeling of helping :)