What to do?

NellRosk

Visit site
For those that remember this thread I posted about a month ago: http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?632144-Horrible-end-to-an-evening-(

The next day the owner spoke to my mum and said the trailer had been damaged and would have to be taken to her local dealership and also that the pony was lame from the incident. A few days later she said the vet had come out and we would have to pay for the callout fees and the bute that was prescribed and that she would get in touch when she had had her trailer looked at...... And that is all we've heard from them. I saw no damage to the trailer on the night of the incident (our trailer didn't have a mark on it, we must have hit them at around 0.5 mph) and the pony trotted up fine (although difficult to tell on an unlevel field) so do you think they were just trying it on? Me and my mum don't know whether to ring them or just leave it. What would anyone else on here do?

NellRosk

Visit site
Yeah we've rung up and told them and given our details to the other party but they haven't done anything...? Just confused as to why we haven't heard anything.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
You're not likely to hear anything as it should be dealt with between the insurance company and the other party or, preferably, the insurance company and the other party's insurance company.

NellRosk

Visit site
But the woman said she'd let us know how much the trailer was going to be because if it was only a minimal amount we'd sort it between ourselves and not go through insurance

picolenicole

Visit site
I would leave it with the insurance, after all thats why we pay them :)

My sister was in a car acident (not her fault) a older driver just pulled striaght out into her car. His daughter got involved and tried everything to get her dad out of any trouble. But she made it worse and got really shirty with my sister when she said "sorry you'll have to talk to the insurance." Apparently if they had continued "sorting" it between them the insurance wouldn't cover it.

Hope your mums ok I had the same happen (apart from one pony and no one else on the road) when I had to emergency stop for next doors dog running into the road. Car couldn't manage the weight and was dragged down hill backwards, I was with my mum, but I was driving with L's on's.

nix123

Visit site
If you haven't heard anything from them i would just leave it. Maybe as you paid for the vet fee and bute they have looked at the trailer and thought its not worth doing anything about it or there might not be anything wrong with it. Just leave it and see what happens.

NellRosk

Visit site
I would leave it with the insurance, after all thats why we pay them :)

My sister was in a car acident (not her fault) a older driver just pulled striaght out into her car. His daughter got involved and tried everything to get her dad out of any trouble. But she made it worse and got really shirty with my sister when she said "sorry you'll have to talk to the insurance." Apparently if they had continued "sorting" it between them the insurance wouldn't cover it.

Hope your mums ok I had the same happen (apart from one pony and no one else on the road) when I had to emergency stop for next doors dog running into the road. Car couldn't manage the weight and was dragged down hill backwards, I was with my mum, but I was driving with L's on's.

Oh god, how terrible. Hope she's okay now! And I didn't even realise insurance could do that!

Thank you, yes she was fine just very shaken up. Was terrifying watching the trailer slowly slide backwards so can't imagine how powerless she felt!!

NellRosk

Visit site
If you haven't heard anything from them i would just leave it. Maybe as you paid for the vet fee and bute they have looked at the trailer and thought its not worth doing anything about it or there might not be anything wrong with it. Just leave it and see what happens.

That's what I was thinking but the honest person inside me doesn't know whether to get in touch and see what's happening?! But think I'll refrain from calling them and let them get in touch with us if there are any problems.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Yeah we've rung up and told them and given our details to the other party but they haven't done anything...? Just confused as to why we haven't heard anything.

You've done everything you need to do. Perhaps they've calmed down now and aren't pursuing it any further.