What to do...

mrsh2010

Visit site
So I've owned my coloured mare since she was 4 months old. She's now 4 years old (5 in April 2017). She's not grown big enough for me. She's 14hands. Lovely little mare, very pretty.

I held off getting her backed as she was leggy, but sent her off for four weeks, she came back, she's recently gone on trial, but she's too green for the job they wanted her for, so she's coming home again.

She loves working, but I can't ride her, she's too small. I have no facilities.

I've tried advertising her for loan and for sale, as ideally I need my money back for backing her etc, but nothing.

Don't know what to do :( I usually never part with my horses, but she's too small, too talented and she's desperate to work.

The lorry turns up, she's at the gate. You ride the others she's bombing round trying to join in.

Feeling rather down about it all, so be gentle with me!

silv

Visit site
What a shame, could you find a local teenager who is a decent rider to ride her for you and give her a bit of milage. You could always make the arrangement that you will give them some sort of payment when she sells so they don't think they are being used as a free schooling service.

Equi

Visit site
Horses are not a money making scheme unfortunately. Youve done right by the little thing and had her professionally backed etc but i can't see you getting the money back if shes not worth the money you paid for it. Advertise her at a lower price and you may have some luck.,.or failing that get her driving.

Can i just ask why is she too small? I mean are you too tall, to ehh...robust...or just not your thing? Sometimes people think they are too small but theyre actually perfectly fine but just not to their tastes.

mrsh2010

Visit site
I'm in Oxfordshire.
Unfortunately I rent land so can't have a sharer as don't want to give out keys. And I don't have any facilities.

I'm 5ft 9 and she's only just 14hands. I feel too tall on my mums 15.3!

be positive

Visit site
She looks a nice type but the advert is not very encouraging, the video is similar to the ones dealers use, I looked at it yesterday and immediately thought dealer even though the ad says you have owned since 4 months, it may put some people off calling, a major tweak may get a better response although it is not a good time of year to sell anything let alone one that is not in work.