What to feed young Connie

newboult51

Visit site
He’s full of beans and slightly on the tubby side if anything. Was thinking of Dengie Hifi and a handful of standard pony nuts or maybe some speedibeet. Opinions gratefully received please.
3A6D32F7-2210-48A3-96B3-5CBC6047C0F3.jpeg

BOWS28

Visit site
Does he need hard feed at all? I used to have a good doer connie on loan. He had to have a supplement for his breathing, which we fed with a handful of hifi light and a spinkling of pony nuts and just added water. Before he needed the supplement he lived on ad lib hay, grass and good old fashioned fresh air!!
He is lovely by the way!

paddi22

Visit site
my old connie used to live on air! i only ever fed hay, it was years ago and balancers and stuff didn't exist yet. And he was always energetic and looked well.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Why are you feeding him? What you want to achieve with the feed has to determine the best one to use. i.e. If its to give him "something" when the others are all eating then some plain un-mollassed chaff that takes a while to get through. If its to give a supplement then a mash type feed works well as you need less of it for the amount of supplement (e.g. a little bit of fast fibre). If its to give something when he comes in to make him easier to catch then a handful of standard pony nuts would do the trick.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
my connie x tb! doesn't need feeding, so he gets a scoop of top spec senior light balancer, just for vitamins, he has the senior as he's shoeless and had a few bone issues, so this feed has a few extra bits for bones and feet. but otherwise he just has grass