What to feed?

Nicki85

Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for a suitable, good quality, food for my Spaniel. He's 7months old and currently on Skinners Rough and Ready. He has been on this for two weeks now (only had him for two weeks- was on Bakers with his previous owners).

He has been a bit loose on it and i'm not sure its as good quality as i'd like him to be on... I'm open to wet or dry but not interested in going down the raw route (have another dog that won't eat raw and our freezer is too small!).

I've spotted the Futures Dog Food range in the petshop- http://www.futuresdogfood.co.uk/buy-online/lamb-and-potato-adult/ but I can't seem to find any reviews on the quality etc. What do you think? I'd like it to be a food I can get readily at the petshop if possible!

Hedwards

Visit site
I'd get rid of the rough & ready and swap it for the Skinners duck & rice or salmon & rice or turkey & rice, much better stuff. Have my JRT and Lucher on it they both look fab

Toffee44

Visit site
I used to love Duck and Rice but my springer x who always had loose stools on any dog food had a big reaction to D&R as well eventually he was on it for two weeks until reacting.

How about fish for dogs or anything with Potato, if you find your dog is loose try avoiding rice, grain, maize, oats altogether and see if it helps?

Nicki85

Visit site
Well... after a trip to the petshop today I ended up buying some Natural Instinct dog food...I said in my first post that I wasn't interested in trying raw but the shop person convinced me!!

I also ended up with some of their lamb stick things which are lamb and heart- we are taking them to dog training as he seems to approve!!

Works out at about £1 a day to feed him so might look to be a bit more adventurous and make it up myself once I know of he likes it. I'm not brave enough at the moment- at least this way I know he is getting everything he needs. Next step will be getting him to feel OK in the garden by himself so he can have a bone.

And he also got one of those deer antlers so he is very happy!!