what to feed?

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I have a 10 year old springer/collie and a 6 year old springer, they are fussy eaters unless it's human or cat food then there is no hesitation! I have tried a few of the dried complete feeds and the only one they eat happily is bakers which I know is not great so need to get them on a better diet. They are both very fit and healthy and are walked about 5 miles a day up on the mountain where they run so probably do double that mileage. Any recommendations would be great thanks.

Clodagh

Visit site
The Raw police will be along shortly! In the meantime we feed Spillers salmon and rice as our dogs coats don't look great on anything with grain in. They also get all our leftovers and lots of eggs, and a tin of sardines in oil once a week. They look fantastic.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Bakers contains loads of sugar and carcinogens. Some enumbers are ok, but the ones in Bakers are proven to be carcinogenic.

If you prefer dry, one of the best quality around currently is Fishmongers from Pets at Home, up to 70% fish. Fish4dogs is also good, but has less fish content. Have a look at the dry food sticky above for the traffic light quick look.

Raw is not for everyone. I tried to switch my older dog onto it when I got the pups. He pukes on green tripe and only really likes chicken, hardly a balance diet! He's on Wainwright's trays.

mirabela123

Visit site
Bakers contains loads of sugar and carcinogens. Some enumbers are ok, but the ones in Bakers are proven to be carcinogenic.

If you prefer dry, one of the best quality around currently is Fishmongers from Pets at Home, up to 70% fish. Fish4dogs is also good, but has less fish content. Have a look at the dry food sticky above for the traffic light quick look.
g.png

Raw is not for everyone. I tried to switch my older dog onto it when I got the pups. He pukes on green tripe and only really likes chicken, hardly a balance diet! He's on Wainwright's trays.

Thanks for recomendations

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Thanks all, I definitely won't be going down the raw diet root I just want a good quality dry food as they have all left overs, not that there is much of that with a 17 year old boy in the house!!