What to have in a brew room

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
Hi all,

Finally perswaded YO to clean out a bit of the barn to let us have a brew room!! *cheers*

What do you have in your brew rooms, apart from the obvious kettle and cups!!

Natch

Visit site
Yay! Can you get a sink installed? That helps a lot :)

Washing up liquid, a fridge would be fab as would a microwave, table and chairs, cuboards are nice and of course hot choccy and biccies are essential ;)

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
Oooh could get some of the glass jar things to keep stuff in couldn't I??? Currently the tea coffee is in an old garlic tub!!! Lol!!! Might be able to get a sink installed...YO is WELL stingey

Supertrooper

Visit site
We have chairs, tea/coffee, milk and sugar and cakes :) although we normally bring them up as required. All stored away in a mouse proof cupboard to stop our resident mice's ;-)

DropbearUK

Visit site
A commercial coffee machine and volunteer barista would be absolutely ace - especially if someone on the yard can do home made biscotti!

Realistically though, a door that closes (to keep out the bugs in the summer and the cold in winter) somewhere comfy to sit and a kettle will suffice - anything else is a bonus! :D

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
Well.... YO has got a 3 year lease on a coffee machine (shes gettin all strange)

Anyhow... She's says ''oh you can take your kettle home now, the coffee machine does boiled water for tea'' only to find out its 10p a shot of hot water!!! Cheeky devil!!!! I said "no it's okay I'll keep to my kettle " hahaha!!!

Spit That Out

Visit site
Mice proof containers, fridge, maybe an ern rather than a kettle as they are really handy when you need hot water in larger quantities like for feed, vet visits, large brew rounds.
Sink with cloths for wiping sides.
We have a brew tin and we all put £1 a week in to buy the milk, tea, coffee and if course the biscuits!!
Chairs, table and a white (easy wipe) notice board with the pens. Great for letting people know tack for sale, when farrier/vets/shavings deliverys etc are due.
Draw up a cleaning rota so the same people aren't always cleaning up after everyone else. Also someone to check at night all lights are off and everything is turned off and clean...nothing worse than getting to a yard to make a coffee and having to wade through crisp packets, used tea bags and dirty spoons!
Encourage people to take their read mags down so other people can have a flick through them.
Just remember to look after it as if it turns in to a hassle for the yard owner it can be taken away again.

Karran

Visit site
Could you pop a small fridge in so you can have chilled drinks on those hot days (remember those?)

I very rarely drink hot drinks, unless I am absolutely freezing but I then have hot chocolate as I don't drink tea or coffee, so that option is always welcome :)

milesjess

Visit site
Microwave, bin, kettle, toaster, cupboard with plates/ cups etc...

A lamp? Table, chairs, maybe a TV? And like a couch. Sink? Fridge? Ha... Think I'm getting carried away ;)

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
Mine have a nice new lounge now, fridge, kettle, coffee machine for fresh coffee, tv, Sat tv, music, seating, lamps, heat and biscuits. I think it's important for liveries to have a place to chill or keep warm in the winter etc. Ok so not everyone needs a tv and that but a good selling point! ;)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Lol, I didn't know what a Brew room was!
A sofa, people are always chucking out old scruffy sofas and a few blankets to wrap up in for winter coffee breaks (I used to sit with a thermatex ex sheet round me!)
I'm highly jealous it's one thing I do miss having left livery yards

fuggly

Visit site
i have ; kettle , microwave , toaster , fridge , washing machine and sink chairs and heaters mouse proof containers for tea coffee etc and biscuits fridge holds all sorts from wine, butter to cake and choc essential items ( oh and we have a loo)

FionaM12

Visit site
We're just having a brew room built, it should be ready soon. :) I'm going to ask can we have a big pin board for notices, emergency numbers etc, and a white board for temporary messages.

We've been told it will have underfloor heating and a fridge. :)

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I read the title and thought *whoa, they brew their own beer? That is so cool!!*..

Now I know it's just tea, I shall amble out again... :)