What to make out of old horse rugs?

Palindrome

Visit site
I have some old horse outdoor rugs that are not waterproof anymore (not suitable for a charity IMO as they wouldn't hold reproofing and are too heavy to be used as stable rugs) and I am wondering if there is something I could make out of them. Perhaps an outdoor/camping mattress or some sort of giant outdoor bean bag? a kids play tent? a hammock?
Anyone has been able to repurpose or upcycle old horse rugs?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Yep, dog bed! I use an old rug in the boot of my car. It’s waterproof enough to keep my car reasonably clean and dry.
I mean to actually get the sewing machine out and make it into a dog bed rather than a old rug the dog sleeps on ;)

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Or are they any good underneath a light weight? I always think that works quite well as then you just have one small thin rug to dry out after rain

Shay

Visit site
Charities will also use them for spares and repairs - but you would be amazed what they and their volunteers can do to make use of donated rugs.

vhf

Visit site
One of mine protects the BBQ from the bird droppings in the abandoned empty corner of the broken stable... Another one I think is currently a mouse nursery... :mad:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I have some old horse outdoor rugs that are not waterproof anymore (not suitable for a charity IMO as they wouldn't hold reproofing and are too heavy to be used as stable rugs) and I am wondering if there is something I could make out of them. Perhaps an outdoor/camping mattress or some sort of giant outdoor bean bag? a kids play tent? a hammock?
Anyone has been able to repurpose or upcycle old horse rugs?
good as stable rugs as stops poo stains going through

asmp

Visit site
I pass them on the owner of the livery yard who rears calves. He makes little rugs for them if the winter gets very harsh.

tatty_v

Visit site
I’m on the look out for old rugs so I can make some sheep rugs to keep our sheep clean before showing them!

Mule

Visit site
One of mine protects the BBQ from the bird droppings in the abandoned empty corner of the broken stable... Another one I think is currently a mouse nursery... :mad:
I found a birds nest in one of mine:rolleyes:

Reactions: vhf

tankgirl1

Visit site
I put mine in the shed one winter, about 5 perfectly usable rugs, all waterproof, and parts intact. Mice had wrecked them all come spring :(

Reactions: vhf