What to put on a decahedron/treat ball?

Barney&Buzz

Visit site
Tonight my mare has her decahedron for the first time, to help stop her playing 'rubber Matt shuffle' she's got mix and some chaff in it tonight. What do you put in your's?

Theocat

Visit site
Baileys high fibre nuggets.

Tried chopped carrot once. Never again; the bits were a bit too big :rolleyes: and he was still chucking the ball around at 11pm, and the YO thought something was colicking and came rushing out. We were both in the bad books for that one :D

MileAMinute

Visit site
Me and Moomin1 both use chopped up carrots/apples in ours. Neither of our horses have issues getting them out - in fact they're too good, and normally finish by the time we've locked the yard gate!

Hawks27

Visit site
Baileys high fibre nuggets cheap and cheerful and all our lot love them nice and crunchy make a noise and keep them entertained think thier about £9 ish for a sack so compared to most treats much much cheaper and i usually put a couple of extra strong mints in for minty fresh breath :)

mynutmeg

Visit site
Baileys high fibre nuggets.

Tried chopped carrot once. Never again; the bits were a bit too big :rolleyes: and he was still chucking the ball around at 11pm, and the YO thought something was colicking and came rushing out. We were both in the bad books for that one :D

Baileys high fibre nuggets cheap and cheerful and all our lot love them nice and crunchy make a noise and keep them entertained think thier about £9 ish for a sack so compared to most treats much much cheaper and i usually put a couple of extra strong mints in for minty fresh breath :)

These - they are a perfect size for the treat balls, ponies love them so win, win.

Stroppy Mare

Visit site
Pony nuts for mine, occasionally use mix if low on nuts though. Find mix doesn't move as much. Have also put chaff in (small amount) to mix up.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
H has pony nuts

He loves his ball and will look for it if he doesn't get given it in the evening!

He is also scared of everything except his ball and likit holder