What to wear for a fun show

foxglovehorse

New User
Visit site
I know this might sound like a stupid question but what do you wear for a fun show? Is it just normal show gear i.e. jacket, light jodhpurs and long boots? Or can you just go in normal clothes?

Shay

Visit site
The best thing to do is to call and ask the secretary. They are usually very happy to answer questions like this.

Personally I would tend to opt for show kit - but possibly beige rather than white breaches and a tweed rather than my blingy technical jackets. I think coming "dressed" is a mark of respect to those who have the time and energy to organise these things. But then I am old!

I had the experince last year of turning up to a clear round event at an affilliated venue where the dress code was given on the website as long sleeves / jackets to discover everyone else in T shirts and hoodies! I looked a bit out of place!

Littlelegs

Visit site
I'd say check with secretary too. If its a fun show with just novelty classes (stuff like nicest tail, pony the judge would like to take home, etc) & a clear round, chances are it will be normal clean riding wear. If it also has proper showing classes for fun (like working hunter, first ridden, equitation etc) it will be proper show gear. But, at a fun show it doesn't have to be really correct, any light jods, short or long boots, any colour jacket etc. Rather than more serious shows where you'd need the right stuff for yourself & the horse. If its fun sj, or gymkhana games it would usually be normal clean everyday stuff.