what to wear in XC??

leanne1988

Visit site
Hi all.

i am doing my first ODE event soon & wondering what to wear. It says to wear appropriate dress or smart alternatives...?

I have cream jodpurs, shirt, stock & black show jacket & boots, which i'll wear for SJ & Dressage, however i don't have any XC clothing.... I do however have a XC silk for my hat, do I just wear what I wear for the other two disaplines? or do you think i need to get something? would a XC silk with a show jacket look odd? what do you wear when you do XC?

help! lol.

alesea

Visit site
For XC I'd just wear your hat silk and some sort of sweatshirt or rugby shirt (any colour) over your shirt and stock- you definitely don't need to buy anything. You could probably get away with just a shirt, stock and body protector, although some venues specify long sleeves.

charlimouse

Visit site
I wouldn't wear you show jacket for XC. I just wear an every day rugby shirt, or jumper (not a hoodie though!). If you have one that matches your hat silk wear it, if not it really doesn't matter! Don't forget your body protector!!!!!

For XC I wear

35e_0044-1.jpg

I keep my shirt and stock on (remove stock pin!), put a cheap running top on (£5 from my local designer outlet!), which is brilliant as it wicks the sweat away, and body protector on top!

TeamTotilas

Visit site
I wear a tight lycra long-sleeved top, a similar matching hat silk on my crash hat, white breeches, long boots, a body protector and point two air jacket. All looks very smart and unfussy.

leanne1988

Visit site
thanks guys i will raid the cuboards tommorrow and have a look! not sure i'll have a rugby shirt to match my silk though (its purple with blue stars! lol) but i will try my best! dont want to buy anything if i can help it.
I deffinately wont forget my body protector! - not allowed to do the course without it, hehe.thanks alot for the advice!

p.s charilmouse - loving the pic, u look really smart! :)