What to wear to take my pony to church on Sunday.

Expo

Visit site
I own a highland pony (who happens to be related to the Balmoral highlands, but that is entirely co-incidental). My village church is holding a service for Her Majesty this Sunday and they have lovely pictures of HM, flowers and the like as part of that. I have been asked if it would be possible to take my pony along to act as a "meet and greet" by the church door and to represent the Queen's horses at the service, which, as we all know, were a huge part of her life: quite a lot of very big shoes to fill there, but I'm sure he's up to the task. He's also a pretty laid back lad so I'm sure will enjoy the fuss. (not planning on taking him into the church!)

I'm happy to go along - especially as we can walk there from the yard - but what should I wear? Options are my dressage gear but with tie rather than stock, so black show jacket, white shirt, black tie with white or cream rods, black boots/hat/gloves. Or do I go for cream jods, black boots, tweed jacket and an HM style head scarf, which is more what HM would have worn when around her ponies? Pony will be wearing a tartan summer sheet and his normal bridle. Please advise. Thank you.

palo1

Visit site
Tweed, black tie and armband.
A lovely thing to do, and another who would really like to see a photo.
This!! I think this is a lovely, simple tribute - I would like to shyly ask if you can respectfully carry my best wishes and thanks to HM The Queen too when you are there. This is definitely something I would do if I had been asked but I haven't lol.

nagblagger

Visit site
I agree with majority, tweed.
I don't want to be a spoiler as it's a lovely idea, but check your insurance is covered for this. (I had to inform company when I took donkey to Palm Sunday services at Christchurch Priory)

Expo

Visit site
I agree with majority, tweed.
I don't want to be a spoiler as it's a lovely idea, but check your insurance is covered for this. (I had to inform company when I took donkey to Palm Sunday services at Christchurch Priory)

Good point about insurance. I'll check. Think I will go for tweed with a black arm band and a hat rather than a headscarf.

I've now heard that another local lady, who has 4 corgis is also going with her dogs - should be interesting.

Surbie

Visit site
I own a highland pony (who happens to be related to the Balmoral highlands, but that is entirely co-incidental). My village church is holding a service for Her Majesty this Sunday and they have lovely pictures of HM, flowers and the like as part of that. I have been asked if it would be possible to take my pony along to act as a "meet and greet" by the church door and to represent the Queen's horses at the service, which, as we all know, were a huge part of her life: quite a lot of very big shoes to fill there, but I'm sure he's up to the task. He's also a pretty laid back lad so I'm sure will enjoy the fuss. (not planning on taking him into the church!)

I'm happy to go along - especially as we can walk there from the yard - but what should I wear? Options are my dressage gear but with tie rather than stock, so black show jacket, white shirt, black tie with white or cream rods, black boots/hat/gloves. Or do I go for cream jods, black boots, tweed jacket and an HM style head scarf, which is more what HM would have worn when around her ponies? Pony will be wearing a tartan summer sheet and his normal bridle. Please advise. Thank you.

What a fabulous thing to do. I'd go tweed and a black armband - but whatever you choose, please do post a pic after.