what transporter

tikino

Visit site
i have just bought a polo pony in Hampshire and i need a good relieable transporter to bring her up the road i live in paisley (just outside glasgow) in scotland and a don't now who to phone any help and advice would be useful.
many thanks

andrea

BBH

Visit site
I have used CB's transport before, they are based in Hampshire and they were really good. I had a horse taken from Reading to Exeter and he wouldn't load but they were really patient and the man himself got the horse on.

Not sure if they would go to Glasgow but would really recommend them. PM if you want the number.

tikino

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have used CB's transport before, they are based in Hampshire and they were really good. I had a horse taken from Reading to Exeter and he wouldn't load but they were really patient and the man himself got the horse on.

Not sure if they would go to Glasgow but would really recommend them. PM if you want the number.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh that would be great as i have never had to transport a horse but not driving from glasgow to pick her up

irishdraught

Visit site
Try www.horsetransportsearch.com for a variety of licenced operators. You enter your details and those who are able to offer a quote, do so without any obligation. No ringing round or faffing about, just one e-mail!

Make sure you know what you are getting though, some transporters prefer to offer dedicated loads on welfare grounds. Others prefer to offer you a space with lots of others (amount varies) but this means it takes a lot longer than it needs to get to your destination.

Theresa_F

Visit site
I raised this question last week, but our clydie mare is coming from Scotland to Essex. She was collected today by Eric Gillie and they have been excellent so far. They were also the most recommended by H&H folks.

The price is not bad too, I was pleasantly suprised, bearing in mind she is on several days stop over and a big girl at 17 hands.

She will be with us on Tuesday - we can't wait.

Their website is http://www.ericgillie.co.uk and they are really helpful and nice.

The Original Kao

Visit site
yup another vote for eric gillie here
laugh.gif