What turnouts are you using at the min?

marinitagsd

www.marinita-sportshorses.com
I know this is talked about every year! lol My two TB girls are clipped out apart from legs and currently is medium full neck turnouts all the time, they are out in the day and stabled at night but their coats seem to be growing back faster than normal so wondering if they are getting ready for the thicker rugs? Thanks x

Faro

Visit site
All 5 of mine are unclipped, living out 24//7/365 and are currently in lightweight no-fill turnouts. The oldie (30) will probably go into her heavy weight soon, but the others will stay in the lightweights for much longer.

The three that are ridden are having a few weeks holiday at the mo and up until now haven't really needed any rugs at all, but the lightweights are more for my benefit so that the boys are not too disgusting to groom when I finally get around to bringing an end to their end-of-season holiday.

cob&onion

Visit site
2 unclipped and naked, wimp in her 250g and as from tonight with her under-rug too, its going to be cold tonight -1 ive heard. Its 5degrees now and dropping......shes out 24/7 too.

vallin

Visit site
Unclipped in no-fill turnout and a substantial layer of blubber! Without blubber and clipped she would probably be in light weight (100g) with neck or medium weight (250g) without neck.

ETS: she's out 24/7

Mince Pie

Visit site
Fully clipped TB is in her MW with a neck on (but it's about 6" too big so seriously toastie!), and the cob who has pretty much grown out his chaser is naked as he can't wear a rug due to the big hole in his chest where the rug would go. He seems warm enough though :)

Phoebe+Sophie

Visit site
My Welsh sec C x Exmoor 20 year old mare is unclipped in a standard neck light weight to keep her clean and dry. My fat hairy cob is naked at the moment and toasty warm.:)