What was the name of the Dermobion alternative?

flyingfeet

Visit site
I remember someone saying that you could get essentially the same thing from Austrialia - what was the brand name?

Apparently Dermobion only stopped production, because it wasn't profitable enough...

samp

Visit site
VEts prescribe Betnovate now or Dermisol. Betnovate contains penicillin and Dermisol helps to debride wounds.

miller

Visit site
I've got the Aussie one - will have a look tonight and let you know.

According t6o my vet Dermobion wasn't carcinogenic they just didn't want to pay to license it
confused.gif

The Aussie one I don't believe is licensed for horses in the UK but it's just as good

flyingfeet

Visit site
My Vet said it wasn't profitable enough so hence not renewing the licence. I think pharmaceuticals generally want a larger market than just equestrian and a tube lasts quite a long time even if it costs £40!

KatB

Visit site
Yes our vets use Flamizine as an alternative now. Dermobion was banned because there was a very illegal substance in it as far as FEI was concerned, and so few people wanted to use it. Shame as was brilliant stuff.

helenevans71

Visit site
My horse gothis foot in the wire, and cut himself badly. I had to use copper sulphate crystals in vaseline to burn off the proud flesh - it worked brilliantly. I would rather have dermobion though as it was fantastic for a variety of complaints.

calon

Visit site
cant believ i have just seen this on here i was given a tube yesterday to use on a pony with sore scabby legs due to mites and wanted to be sure it was the right stuff to be useing , but i did find a web site in ireland selling it this is the green version will it be ok for the job do u think thanks