what wellies do you where??

L&M

Visit site
On question 2 (brand) i put in Dunlop as other, but won't let me submit survey as says I haven't answered the question?

Either I am being a numpty, or you may need to have a look at it as others may have the same problem.

perfect11s

Visit site
I dont wear wellies apart from if im in very wet conditions, I find them cold or my feet get in a mess ,atleites foot, blisters and chill blanes etc, I found jallatte rigger boots are just fantastic, light , fairly waterproof, and the more you abuse them the more comfy they get , they also have a steel toe and sole so very safe , and takes me ages to kill them !!!! they have a bit of a heal so you can ride in them if pushed...

Piglet

Visit site
Have gone through 3 pairs of wellies in the last year :mad: (all expensive brands) I have now resorted to a cheap pair with leaves patterned on it for £14 from B&Q. They have lasted a month already and are comfortable (albeit not very stylish although I only wear them to and from the field). :eek: :eek:

Have now decided that expensive wellies and I are not destined to be, the ones before the cheapies I got now lasted 2 weeks befor the rubber perished, am not wasting any more money on brand names :D :D

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
Done. Just to add, the only brand I hate with a passion are Hunters. They used to be the best boots around - a decade ago! but over recent years, they've turned into the least resilient and most useless wellies on the market. Coming with a years guarantee I had many replacement pairs sent to me, but even when you know you can get free replacements, having wet feet in mid winter because your flipping hunter wellies have split yet again after a only few weeks of wear can make a lady very cross indeed :mad:

I then bought a pair of Aigle over 18 months ago, and they're still perfect. I've walked the dog hundreds of miles in them and I wear them all the time at the yard. :):)

WandaMare

Visit site
Piglet I wear the B & Q ones too! They are the first wellies to last me through a winter in a good few years....I'm also fed up with posh brands, tried most of them including Hunters and full of holes in only a few months.

Piglet

Visit site
Thanks WandaMare for not making me feel like it is me!!! Everyone else at the yard have brand wellies which have lasted them ages, what are your B&Q ones like? I bought the white one with green leaves on - really kool!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Piglet

Visit site
Bugger after rating B&Q wellies, have just got back from the yard and as I was washing my boots off, I felt the familiar dampness on my sock, 2 splits on either side!!! Consoled myself that at least I didn't sod d a fortune on them!!! Back to the wellie drawing board for me!!

L&M

Visit site
£10 Dunlops all the way for me now....

Am absolutely fed up of so called 'designer' wellies - have wasted so much money on them over the years, and have not found a pair to last longer than 6 mnths.

I used to rate 'muck boots' but the last pair I bought had a different material on the sole which wore down in less than 3 mnths which resulted in slipping and skidding in the mud.

My Dunlops have lasted over 6 mnths already, and as and when they split don't begrudge buying another pair. The only downside was that they were cold in the winter so invested in some very good thermal socks which solved the issue.

WandaMare

Visit site
Thanks WandaMare for not making me feel like it is me!!! Everyone else at the yard have brand wellies which have lasted them ages, what are your B&Q ones like? I bought the white one with green leaves on - really kool!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Piglet I have got the really glamorous spotty ones, black background with pink edges and multicoloured spots! Lucky I keep my horses at home where only my animals see me on the yard! :D

Technique

The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the ti
Visit site
I have recently bought some very smart 'Tyne' Muck boots in brown, which I love the look of - but as yet they are untested. My last Hunters split quite quickly and imho were not of the same quality as my old ones. there's a place up in Cumbria which does the more expensive Hunter seconds at half price at the moment (John Norris). I find they are more robust and fit my chubby calves :(

Oop north at my Mum's I have a pair of Barbours bought at cost from the factory, also a pair that were £6 from New Look, neither are circulation stranglers and to be honest there isn't much to choose between them. ;)

jadeturner

Visit site
Done for you Jade - let us know what you find out - I love boots! (I am a bit sad!)

OK! so heres what i found out! 114 responses in total!!

the most commonly owned boot currently was hunters, followed by muck boots, aigle, le chemeau and then joules....and then then others were just a few each... oh and country boots were just behind muck boots.
:)
Thennn the price most people would spend is 41 - 60 pounds

navy black and green were most popular colours! and patterned, purple and red were also quite popular!

most people expect their wellies to last 1-2 years ...then 2-3 years...

and the brands most people would consider buying was ariat, then le chemeau then mountain horse and they were followed by a few auch as aigle, hunter toggi and muck boots!!

:) :) x