what would u charge???

xxmariexx

Visit site
well ive not long quit my full time horsey job and decided to do a bit of free lance just through word of mouth, had a woman call me (kind of know her from previose job) she's asked me to do 3 horses kept at her home for 14 days, now i dont normally charge a lot but she lives 20 minute drive from me and i would need to go there twice a day, needs me at the end of the month going into feb, so this is going to put me off getting full time work untill after then but couldnt risk saying no in case i havent found anything by then! well i gave her a price today which i thought was resonable, she seemed a bit shocked but i explained a lot of people recommend me and i'd treat the horses as my own and wouldnt 'cut corners' on anything, so before i say the price i told her what would u cahrge for this? bearing in mind work rates not mates rates!! (which i stupidly still do for people)!!!

Lollii

Visit site
I would charge:

£8 an hour (inc travel)

So say ...... 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening = 4 hours = £32 a day = £210.00 a week = £420.00 for the two weeks - hows that?
grin.gif

xxmariexx

Visit site
ohh thats close!
i said £8 a horse, this includes everything apart from exercise, but as she's quite far from me i said it would have to be £10 a horse to cover the travel, so £30 a day,
i normally charge between £5 and £8 depending if they are based on my yard or on how much they want doing (rug changes, picked outfeet/washed off legs soaked hay ect)
someone said to charge her more and someone else said less! i thought this was a reasenable price!
(and yes im insured!!!)

xxmariexx

Visit site
lol i start my car around 10pm and leave it running for a bit!!! not that it struggles to start but being an oldie and with previous old car struggling i find this helps!!
grin.gif

luckily i also have use of oh's car
wink.gif

HollyB66

Visit site
£420 for the 2 weeks sounds alot when you just say it like that.

But when you break it down as hermangerman has then it seems very reasonable.

Have you shown her how many hours + petrol costs?

Snowysadude

Visit site
I always charged £10 per horse per day for horses on the same yard as mine! Included obv mucking out and getting stable ready, rug changes, a flick off of the worst of the mud (cause i am a softie), feet picked out and oiled, turn out/in, feeding and legs hosed down if needed. So what you want sounds reasonable
smile.gif

TopTotty

Visit site
I find that people want everything doing for next to nothing. You need to stick to your guns as you are worth it and your time is valuable. If they want quality and peace of mind then they need to pay a proffesional like yourself to do it and if they are not bothered they can find someone cheaper.
I think your price is very reasonable.

www.livetoevent.blogsot.com