What would you call your horse?

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
OK, so a lot of people own horses that they didn't name, including myself currently. So just for fun, knowing your horse as you do, what would you have named them?

For mine:

Show/registered Name - 'The Face Licker'
Stable Name - 'Moose'

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I've just said on another thread, the only horse I have named is currently called Foul, because that is what he became shortly before having his knackers off. He's registered as Best Beloved to fit with his breeding and was intended to have a stable name of Teg. (for any Rudyard Kipling fans amongst you:))

Darcydoo

Visit site
Have just had this discussion with others for Darcy for our 1st dressage I would like Miss Pissy Knickers but I don't think I'd get way with it!. A friend suggested Darce Vader as Darcy mean descendant of the dark one . But stuck with Darcydoo as I'm boring x.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Have just had this discussion with others for Darcy for our 1st dressage I would like Miss Pissy Knickers but I don't think I'd get way with it!. A friend suggested Darce Vader as Darcy mean descendant of the dark one . But stuck with Darcydoo as I'm boring x.

Nooo - Miss Pissy Knickers would be much better, go on, give the caller/judge/crowd a laugh.

Toz

Visit site
I don't have a horse, but (obviously with the right features) a Panda, or Marmalade! Don't know why, just like them :)

Spring Feather

Visit site
Hmm mine were all registered and named when I bought them and I think they run true to their names; Jet, Ezzy, Golden, those are my own riding horses. The others I own I think are very well named too.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I did name mine. I called him Henry Hippo. This was because he literally collapsed in mud the second his feet touched it. It was a daily struggle to get him to is paddock as it was the third one along a track!
He did have a stable name but it was Shabby and I was not calling my pride and joy Shabby!

Rose Folly

Visit site
If I ever own a flat racer mare I will call her Keziah Lightfoot - the maiden name of my wonderful step-grandmother-in-law, who was the daughter of a one-time auctioneer at Tattersalls! She'll have to be fast, though....

Ladyinred

Visit site
If I ever own a flat racer mare I will call her Keziah Lightfoot - the maiden name of my wonderful step-grandmother-in-law, who was the daughter of a one-time auctioneer at Tattersalls! She'll have to be fast, though....

What a brilliant name!!

debsg

Visit site
My lovely cob mare was called Blaze when I started sharing her. And I HATED it!! But by the time I bought her,3 months later, I couldn't change it. She is known by everyone as Aunty Blaze.
Jasmine was born on Christmas morning and would have been Jesus had she been a colt :) That would have been a complete misnomer as she is a cowbag and is popularly known as Camel, the Black B!tch from Hell, or DevilSpawn :D I do love her really! Sometimes :)

EQUISCENE

Visit site
I really want a horse called Derek... But it wouldn't suit my boy.

My friends daughters pony was nicknamed Derek by some tourists who were staying in their holiday cottage next to the pony's field - they even mentioned it in the visitors book - there is only one problem the newly named Derek is a SHE!! aka Misty :D

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Though they often refer to the owner of the horse at shows too - so the announcer might say 'and now we have Kerrie riding her own Willie' or 'now we have Kerrie on her own Willie'

You'd certainly raise a smile:p

Echo24

Visit site
I have a fjord and his name is Echo. If given the choice I would have called him Bolli, which is Old Norse for "the round one" as all he does is eats!

Madam Min

Visit site
Ours are Chloe and Amber, dont know what I'd have called them if we'd named them!

I'd like to have an iron grey ID and call it Florin or big dark bay WB and call it Tucker!

Kallibear

Visit site
I got to name my youngster as he was nameless. He's called Roo, which I've always liked as a name. Initially short for KangaRoo (he's orange and bouncy) but it's quickly become*RooBear and eventually RupertBear. Or more commonly 'Rupert Beaaaaaaaaar, *sigh* what are you doing?!' He's also known as RooPoo.

My cob was already named Piper, which I didn't like that much and wanted to rename him Friday but I was overruled by friends. He's now known mostly as Pips or PiggySquig. If he'd been black he'd have been called Marmite.

Mince Pie

Visit site
I've named 3 of mine, and given a stable name to another one. The three I named are:
Oliver Twist - because he reminds me of the scene in the film where he goes "please Sir, I want some more", his stable name is FatBoy!
The second was called Mary Poppins because she was a complete nanny of a horse and "practically perfect in every way", stable name Pippa.
The third was called Throwing a Paddy, because she was an opinionated welsh cowbag and also as a nod to her previous owner, who was a great old Irish boy who sadly passed on just after we took the ponies on. Stable name was GingaNinja

The horse I gave a new stable name to was called Velvet, however she became known as 3B which stood for Big Bay Bitch!

HeresHoping

Visit site
No. Thought about it a lot. I can't come up with anything else. His name is Direct Prospector on paper. Really his stable name should be Digger. But when you see those legs that go all the way up, only Larry Longlegs will do. Digger just doesn't cut it. So we will have to stick with Larry, which is what he came with.

Potato!

Visit site
My horse was called taio when I bought him but he's had a few names over the years. His passport originally said Indi. It's now Taio but he gets called the beast, moose or potato!