What would you compromise?

fizzer

Visit site
Would you compromise location for your equine heaven? or what would you be willing to compromise on. House, land, hacking etc.

Friends and I discussing as one of them lives in a lovely area but is moving to a less nicer area but has far more land, stables.

Im not sure what I wold be willing to compromise on. Too greedy and want it all :)

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
Where OH and I want to live is flat (for us to put in a track), good quality grass and soil, beautiful equine area and in the middle of the country so good for travelling to the various racetracks around the UK. Problem is, for our first property we'll never be able to afford to live in that area :(

Soooo...as OH lives in Scotland, I have suggested we find an equine property up there. They are much cheaper and as far as stables and houses go, really good value. The drawbacks are the quality of the land, the fact that the fields won't be flat enough for us to put in a half mile track (so will still be dependent on working horses out at local racetrack - 40 minutes drive away) and the location - close to one of the four hard tracks in the country, but at least 3 hours drive to the rest (8 hours to the furthest). Also we would find it more difficult to race on the grass tracks as the grass racing circuit in Scotland isn't half as good as Herefordshire/Wales.

It feels like a lot to compromise, but we'll be able to afford it to begin with and maybe in 10 or 15 years we'll have enough money to move down to our preferred area. We're both young so it's not the end of the world!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
In order to get house, land and stables all together I am compromising by leaving a nice easy to live in house sorted pretty much as we wanted, together with a decent veg garden and LOADS of sheds and with no mortgage for a house with a huge damp problem, dodgy plumbing and electrics, which needs the roof taken off, the front wall taken down and rebuilt and may need to be underpinned, fields thigh deep in weeds and ragwort, no garden to speak off as it is so overgrown and derelict that we will need to start all over again together with a huge mortgage.

I just hope I like it there:D

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Being honest as long as OH and I could find work I'd move pretty much abywhere in Scotland to get land for my horses, wouldn't mind if it was flat or not as if I could I would put in an arena anyway x