What would "You" do??

JM07

Visit site
Colt bought for £120 quid

diagnosed with Tetanus on Monday...

vet advises PTS as treatment is only 50/50...

treatment will cost 3 times what colt is worth....

Bonkers??

you decide...

i know what i'd do

monica987

Visit site
Go with the vet
frown.gif

galaxy

Visit site
Is it as nice colt? Do you think it will be worth substantially more once/ if it pulls through?

Difficult question, but do you have the money to spare/gamble with? If it was me and I did I'd give it a go.... But I can be quite a softy.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Colt bought for £120 quid

diagnosed with Tetanus on Monday...

vet advises PTS as treatment is only 50/50...

treatment will cost 3 times what colt is worth....

Bonkers??

you decide...

i know what i'd do

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what I could sell colt for at the end - and how much suffering he will be put through during the treatment. If he looks like a good pony, I may take a chance, depending on my finances, and my gut instinct. If not, not.
S
grin.gif

blueberry

stores.ebay.co.uk
If I were you i would give him the chance.

I know the sums dont add up but in your business i would say that you win some, you lose some ( inprofit terms), look at it on average, it may not seem so unbalanced?

He may repay you kindly and make you lots of money one day-if he doesent do well, then you did what you could for him.

I believe in karma
smile.gif

Mbronze

www.cheshirehorsetaxi.weebly.com
If there was potential for him to be worth considerably more in the future, and it had been caught in the early stages i would try the treatment first.

But tetanus if not caught in the early stages i understand is lethal anyway. So if it were quite advanced it would be kinder to the colt to PTS.

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I'd break the fingers of the a$$hole who owned it, but didn't vaccinate it.
S
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

they've had it a total of 15 days.....

bought with Tet at an unwarranted sale.....

confused.gif
mad.gif
crazy.gif

blueberry

stores.ebay.co.uk
Oh, ok, then thats what i would do.

But thats because its ok for me to say that. I know i can afford the vet bill and the time for the care....and afford to lose the money if it doesent work out...and all well if it does.
smirk.gif

I know to many that will not be the practical decision.

sallypops

Visit site
whats the colt like, would he make a decent lad in the future??

i would always give a pony/horse a chance if i could, but if he is very ill then i would go with the vet

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I'd break the fingers of the a$$hole who owned it, but didn't vaccinate it.
S
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

they've had it a total of 15 days.....

bought with Tet at an unwarranted sale.....

confused.gif
mad.gif
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In this colt's life, someone bred him, and owned him up til now. These are the a$$holes whose fingers I'd break.
S
grin.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on what I could sell colt for at the end - and how much suffering he will be put through during the treatment. If he looks like a good pony, I may take a chance, depending on my finances, and my gut instinct. If not, not.
S

[/ QUOTE ]

What Shilly said!!!

zigzag

Visit site
Depends on what the colt could be,, he didn't cost much and his going to cost more to geld that he/she paid for, if it was stunning and going to be worth a bit at the end then treat it, if not PTS

lol I would probably try, colt I just bought as probably cost me the same in vet treatment and I've only had him a fortnight
tongue.gif
what with emergency call out (saturday evening) two days after having when he tried to jump a fence and cut his legs etc needed vet for tetnaus as he wasn't covered, (before anyone says anything, I bought him uncovered and vet was due Monday to jab) plus I have now had him gelded and vaccinated (well first vac).. haven't had the bill yet.. but this colt is going to be worth something when he is older, got a good head on him (which is worth his weight in gold)

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">bought with Tet at an unwarranted sale..... </font>

Did they know it had tetanus, if so, how?
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

because it was diagnosed with tet last monday......

it was "sick" when it came of the trailer the day they bought it..
temp, listless, staring eyes...etc...

went downhill rapidly last friday..2nd may..had treatment etc..finally diagnosed on Monday 5th...

it is very poorly ATM....
frown.gif