What would you do

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
I have someone viewing my 8 month old foal in the week. I've agreed if they like her and I think their a suitable home then I've agreed to deliver her in with my full asking price. Even with paying for transport I'll still have just over what I was prepared to take for her anyway so I won't be loosing any money. Now she's never traveled alone and I doubt tied up. I currently do not have top doors on my trailer so don't want to risk traveling her myself.

So I've arranged all being well a lady who I've used before with one of the new Bloomfield's lorry's to move her for me. I know she'll be safe in this box and the lady has a lot of experience moving young stock as is a breeder.

My dilemma is do I go with her, or do I just load her up my end and wave goodbye? If I traveled with her I'd have to get someone to follow down to bring me home, but if I went I can go visit my Shetland who is out on loan down in the same area who I haven't seen since I delivered her? Although visiting my Shetland isn't a must do, I get regular pictures of her so know she's fine!

Do I ask for a deposit if they say on the day they want her, If so how much deposit should I ask for? And obliviously will this be non refundable should they change their mind? I'd have to pay a £20 deposit to the person delivering her so wouldn't want to pay this and then them change their mind and me loose £20.

Abacus

Visit site
Could you just drive behind her so that you are around if anything happens on the way, and can say bye at the end?

Personally I would probably wave goodbye at the yard, unless i was extremely attached to the horse.

But yes get at least the deposit you need for the transporter, if she is expecting you to book this.