what would you do?

seaview

Visit site
Hi about 1.5 years ago my foal sustained a bad injury on her leg, the scars arent great at the time she had vet treatment then laser.
Just recently my now 2 year olds leg has opened up again, now its not horrendus by any stretch of the imagination but still a nasty cut?
what would you guys do in the hope of stopping this openign up like this as dont want to risk infection?
Was thinking about camrosa as I ahve used it int he past with great results?
Thanks in advance,
Nat
x

seaview

Visit site
yes that was the first thing I did but he says its just she has banged it, that was on thursday and tbh if it isnt looking better by monday I am goign to get him out to have another look to be sure, its not deep but my friend has just lost her horse from a simple cut but a horrific infection and I wont risk it!
x

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
No - don't blame you!

Has proudflesh formed around the scar? I ask because a normallly healed scar should not re-open. If you are worried, I think you are right to have the vet out - if only to give you peace of mind!

I like sudocrem (?sp) for minor cuts and grazes, mudfever etc, I have heard that camrosa has had good results on scar tissue but have never used it myself so can't really comment

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
We always use the same thing on cuts, a human treatment for wounds, bed sores and burns, varicose ulcers and bed sores.. You order it through your chemist.
It's calle M and M tulle dressing and contains 30 dressings, you apply one to a cleaned wound, cover with a sticky bandage and leave alone for a minimum of 36 hours. When you remove the bandage the wound looks pink and clean with all the gunk on the tulle.
It is miraculous how it heals, and we have had massive wounds needing plastic surgery heal virtually scarless.
Manufacturers are Anglian Man. Chemists Lts Mablethorpe sold by Malam Lab ltd, oakwoood Drive Bolton. Your chemist can contact them.
Let me know if you use it and it works, several other forum members will confirm their success with it..