What would you expect for £3000k....

reindeerlover

Visit site
Three million?? A solid gold horse.

Na, seriously, gotta be a bombproof safe and sensible pony capable of jumping a course maybe 2' 6" OR a fantastic classy youngster.

Parkranger

Visit site
Thanks guys. She's 14.2 so I don't think she can be pitched against 13.2's.......she's got a big careful jump on her (I've jumped her at 3ft but too scared to go any higher!)

I have moved her from pc ponies to all rounders as she'd suit an adult just as much as she'd suit a child.....

Thanks for input.

Tinkerbee

Visit site
Something fairly young, but not green. Not tiddly height. Something that can hunt, jump, xc and dressage v well, good conformation, nice markings, bombproof in traffic, safe and placid but not a bore, excellent to catch etc. Oh and gold plated horse shoes. :D But then I'm fussy and would be loathe to pay near three grand for a pony...

R2R

Visit site
Last edited:

exracerfan

Visit site
I would expect a good sound viceless full up 14.2, no older than 10 with BS winnings, jumping in at least Newcomers.

TGM

Visit site
In the current market, I'd expect at least to buy a sane, sound pony that was currently out and about doing PC and local competitions (say about 2'6"), not necessarily winning, but showing that it can perform reasonably when in a competition environment. I wouldn't pay that much just for something that wasn't currently out and about, because however nicely they jump at home they can be totally different when at a competition!

hannah87

Visit site
I am having a similar problem deciding how to price mine. Hes a coloured 5 year old gelding, 13.2 but has enough bone to carry a light adult. Hes safe, sensible , good in traffic, working in a basic outline and confidently and quietly jumping small courses. Hes the sort that is a kick along for a nervous rider but has more to give an experienced rider. Hes never going to be a world breaker but hed be a fab safe PC pony, its very hard to know how to price to sell.

Visit site
A pony with three reasonable paces, hacking out nicely, good with traffic, will 'have a go' at most things (Prelim dressage, small xc schooling and clear round and novice Show Jumping)

Parkranger

Visit site
In the current market, I'd expect at least to buy a sane, sound pony that was currently out and about doing PC and local competitions (say about 2'6"), not necessarily winning, but showing that it can perform reasonably when in a competition environment. I wouldn't pay that much just for something that wasn't currently out and about, because however nicely they jump at home they can be totally different when at a competition!

She's done sponsored rides this year and been out to different venues jumping - just never made it out sj due to work committments! I might get the yard owner to take her out this weekend for me!

TGM

Visit site
OK, I found your advert (being an internet super-sleuth:p) and the main things I would say are:

* Photographs - you want your ad to catch the eye amongst the hordes of ads for similar ponies - the main photo should be better than one of the pony standing in the school on a dull day! It would be better to have the jumping one as the main photo, but even that could be more eye-catching. Choose a sunny day, get down low when taking the photo and try and take it more side on so we can see the pony's jump better. Proper wings and a filler would make it even better if you have them.

* You don't say how she is in traffic - people will assume she is not good in traffic if you leave this information out.

* You say she has showjumped, hunted and done pleasure rides - you need to put in more detail about this. What height courses has she done whilst showjumping? Does she usually go clear, has she won or been placed, is she fast in a jump off? Is she mannerly to hunt and to take on pleasure rides?