what would you expect to pay for this!

almorton

www.greygatessporthorses.co.uk
6yo chestnut mare, 16.2, Darco x Concorde lines, KWPN, nicely put together. BSJA reg, Jumping Discovery ready to move up to newcomers this wkend, 4 double clears BNov for 2012, 2 Disco D/C, Qual Am 2nd rounds 90 / 1m, 2011, 2012, Scope 1m 2011, Schooling 1.25/1.30 at home. More than enough scope to jump 1.30 eventually with more mileage. Hacks, good in traffic / fields / beach, snaffle mouth, easy to do, load, clip, bath etc. No vices but can itch in summer but easily managed!

Answers below please! Oh, and based NW. as i know that affects prices! :)

Last edited:

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Well of course we look her up straight away and I think she is reasonably priced but nothing is easy to sell at the moment. Good luck hope you find a nice home, we have just sold our dressage horse to a great home but we had some real numptys try him.

ttt

Visit site
A, same as Carthorse, I looked her up straight away. I agree she seems reasonably priced so if you are not getting a huge amount of interest, I imagine its the economic climate or time of year not the price. Good luck with her.

be positive

Visit site
I think price is probably fair she has a future ahead of her.
The only comment is that although the photos show a scopey jump it does not make her look an "easy" ride,a less able rider might think she looks as if she will jump them off or it could be interpreted as greenness.
I would remove the blue jump photo,others are good.I would put the red jump as the main one if you can.

SusieT

Visit site
I wouldn't buy her with the sweetitch and think it drastically reduces her price-down to 3K max for me. Can't see the add-link anyone?

SusieT

Visit site
If it's itching and rubbing in the summer to the extent it needs 'managed' then its sweetitch in my books and I wouldn't buy her, thats my value without seeing pics as there are plenty of horses at the same level about imo

SusieT

Visit site
Found her, have to say I'd try and get pics of her looking less green, and drop the price 2K, she isn't a bad stamp though.

Gamebird

Visit site
I've, coincidentally, also got a chestnut mare that I can't sell. Straightforwards, will never be 'top' at anything though will do (and has done) low-level affiliated BS/BD/BE/county showing. Perfect RC/PC team horse. She's cheap (in my books!) and unsold 7 weeks later....

pigsmight:)

Visit site
She sounds lovely can't find her add and you can't beat a good chestnut mare! :D I will allways be a sucker for ponys of the orange variety tho xx

becca1305

Visit site
I think she looks lovely :). The blue photos a tricky one, shows her scope but could put more inexperienced riders off. I wouldn't pay £8k for her in current market personally but then its difficult to say as I wouldnt be looking for her type defo wouldnt drop the price quite 2k tho!- Probably pay £6.5-7k mark so would expect advert around £7.3k?. I would say I would be wanting to pay the bottom end price too as I say I cant imagine WANTING her desperately (no offence just not a SJer!) Agree the chesnut mare part and itchiness may reduce number of interested buyers but providing the itch is controlled with a rug or other simple solution I wouldnt expect it to decrease value unless you need a fast sale! x

Fairy Dust

Visit site
She looks lovely and definitely worth that price IMO. Can you not hang onto her until next year as horses are just not selling ATM. I'm helping my friend look for an eventer (guess it's quite different as season is coming to an end) but there are just so many for sale and especially as so many people are off to Uni, we are seeing the same ads recycled every week often with reduced prices.

If she doesn't HAVE to go then I would hold onto her for a while longer :)

nokia

Visit site
hiya, you are selling this mare as a performance horse, i wouldnt care if it was green with pink spots, as long as it did its job.

Chestnut mares are great, iv got one at home, and yes it can be moody when seasons come, but she knows her job and does really well , i love her to bits.

Dont 4 get everything is soooo slow at the min, sep oct are funny months things are quiet